Monday, August 5, 2013

OH, summer...where did you go?

My sweet 2nd and 7th graders started SCHOOL today!


Thank you all for praying specifically for my appointment this morning!
Praises are...l1. They allowed me to KEEP my appointment even though I have a rather large outstanding bill due to insurnace issues! (please pray that will get resolved ASAP!)! All were amiable and I hope they can see I've been trying VERY diligently to resolve this with my insurance and their billing department. 2. Nurse Practioner I saw this am is just so kind..slow and steady. She listens! 3. David accompanied me as my cheerleader...AGAIN!

I took lmy latest lab results from the rheumatoligst with me, and she was surprised with some things he didn't do (not shocking to me bc of different philosophies) and we've seen this rise in CPK before).

Bottom line...I'm in a Catch 22!
Steroids are horrible on one's body ong term. Steroids are what helps my inflammation. Steroids are evil. Steroids are good (used sparingly!). Steroids make me Pillsbury dough girl ...yeast is rising and rising! Steroids CAUSE yeast issues. Oh, did I say steroids are evil? MUST. GET. OFF. STEROIDS.but the steroid is the constant medical thingy that has shot down my CPK...hmmm.

Rheum prescribed a medication at last appoinmtment and I've not filled it- he's probably not going to be very happy with me...oh, well! As many of you know I DO NOT, and HAVE NOT ever wanted to this medication and don't have a peace about taking a med that can knowingly cause cancer. Yes, it's a “steroid sparing agent” but...Hello...cancer. I think I'll take dough girl.
Requests:
1. God will continue to give me the perseverance with dietary changes and chiropractor...long term good health and healing.
2.  WISDOM for ALL team members involved... (honestly, when David and I look at my pattern of treatment with/without IVIG...its the high dose of steroid that is the common theme when I'm consistently doing doing better)
3.  body to ADJUST and MAINTAIN balance with lower steroid.

PRAISING that I'm functioning and functioning well!  Praising that God went before us and took care of billing issue for TODAY.  PRAISING my girls are in school and happy!  PRAISING my hubby is my cheerleader and support!  PRAISING that God knows the outcome of all this even when I (we) don't!  PRAISING that we got our fingerprint appointment invitation from USCIS...hoping they'll take us as a "walk in" tomorrow due to David's schedule!  PRAISING that we get to pray for ADB and this continued journey God has placed us on!  PRAISING that Abigail is getting to play volleyball again this year...something she really enjoys and initiates! PRAISING that Audrey An is blessed with same teacher she started with last year!


Matthew 6:33 "But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you."

No comments: