Thursday, September 13, 2012

A few surprises...

Last weekend David and I had a few surprises up our sleeve for the birthday girl.  I picked up both girls early from school.  I think I scored at least a couple of cool mom points for that!  David had a long overnight in the thriving metropolis of Valdosta, Georgia so we joined him there.  I wish it had been a bit more of an exciting destination, BUT at least we had the ability to hop on a plane "just because" and be together.  I'll never complain about that!  It was a special weekend...love me some Abigail!
The birthday girl got a special ride from her favorite captain!

 She must be her momma's girls...it's nice getting love notes from her main squeeze!
HUGE surpirse...hee hee!


Medical update:
Last week I posted that I did take a couple of steps backwards.  Well, I got my labs back earlier this week, and indeed I did.  My CPK jumped back to 1285 and my hormones were (are!) completely whacked...uggh! I was really bummed about having to take that "extra" steroid pack a few weeks ago (from the other doctor) and Dr. M said it's proof that the steroids are doing me more harm than good.  She didn't need to convince me of that as you know.  She wants me to decrease my steroid again in about 4 days (hopefully I'm very close to giving them good riddance...forever!).  She also said she's not worried about the CPK right now because it was from that evil steroid pack.  When the immune system is suppressed then my infection goes wild.

She thinks now that my infection could possibly be rooted in my mouth so she's sending me to her dentist!  I have no tooth, gum or nerve pain, but she said that many people don't when they have in infection in their mouth (hmmmmmm....).  So, guess who's going to the dentist asap?!?! I can't get in until October 3.  I'm first on their cancellation list, I'm praying that I'll get in SOON and see if this has anything to do with anything! UPDATE: Since I drafted this post I got a phone call this morning saying the dentist had a cancellation for THIS Monday!  Isn't God so good!!!

Bottom line...chiropractor tells me my head isn't screwed on straight, blood work (hormone levels) tells me why I want to claw everyone's eyes out in my home, Dr. M tells me I've got enough yeast in me I could feed the 5000 (ok, she really didn't say that, but you get my drift!), but the bible tells me "Like cold water to a weary soul is good news from a distant land."  Maybe this dentist 15 miles up the highway is the distant land...lol! In all seriousness, Truth tells me that, "He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak."  I've definitely had some weary days, but I have to remember that He's brought me this far and He'll not leave me or forsake me as I trust in Him.

One last thing...took Abigail to see Dr. M today, and I'm so glad I did!  I took her all her records from Vietnam and her latest blood work from her pediatrician here.  It was a flashback to my initial appointment with her June in a few ways.  As she sifted through past records she said, "There are some significant markers that indicate INFECTION.  No wonder she is so tied and doesn't feel good."  My poor baby hasn't felt well for a long time either (no energy, etc) and she's not been treated for it....arrrgh! I'm praying for accurate new test results and wisdom for the doc (for both of us!).  We'll follow up  in about 3 weeks and see where we are on things with Abigail.

I'm thinking it's not a real great thing when your pharmacist sees you walk in and doesn't even have to ask your name...just sayin'!!!  Okay, off to get some sleep. Please pray for extra strength this weekend as we have Abigail's birthday party.  Thankfully, I've got a sweet friend to come give me two extra hands at the party.  Abigail is SO excited...new friends, old friends, karaoke, pizza- a lot of squeeling tweens!

On a side note...I was listening to a podcast of Beth Moore this morning.  I loved this quote: "God is just as deliberate about what He does not reveal as He is about what He does. "I'd be lying if I didn't wonder why God is choosing not to heal me (my daughter) at this time.  There is a reason.  I choose to trust Him.

No comments: