Tuesday, August 3, 2010

First Days of School

HOW could it already be time to start back to school???  This summer has TRULY flown by so quickly.  I really think I blinked , and summer passed by me.  Yesterday, Abigail started fourth grade...how could she be growing up so fast!  She loves school, and was ready to go.  I try to make special days "special" (although it doesn't take a lot with my girls!), and I served her favorite biscuits on a china plate with milk in a crystal goblet...she loved it!
Today, Audrey An started her first day of kindergarten...can't believe it!  I just wept when I got in the car.  I don't remember being quite as emotional with Abigail.  I think AA starting to school just made me reflect on our past year with her, and that's why I got all teary-eyed.  When I think that she just came into our lives last July 12 and entered into the USA on July 23 one year ago, and now she is entering school with NO HELP with language...it pretty much boggles my mind!  How miraculous are God's ways- truly.  To see our new daughter blossom into this delicate (yet a little spicy at times!) little child God created and see her personality unfold right before our very eyes has just been beautiful, beautiful, beautiful, and I thank God for every moment of it!
Audrey An had HER special breakfast today...served on a china plate with silly straw in her crystal goblet!

She was BEAMING when we picked her up!

No comments: