Monday, February 7, 2011

Reading Party!!!!

So, what do we do when Audrey An finally begins reading some words????  HAVE A PAR-TAY, of course!!!!  I love that at our typical Monday my husband bikes to a local hang out with the other pilots to watch the Super Bowl at 6:30 IN THE MORNING, our new friends brought us a traditional cake (rice cake) to say "Happy Lunar New Year", AND something clicked in our little Audrey An's brain and she began to READ ....YESSSSSSSSSS!!!!  As one of their lessons from yesterday and today was showing kindness to others, Abigail felt it was appropriate to throw her mei mei a reading party at lunch.  Actually, even if we hadn't been working on that character attribute I have a feeling that big sister would  have done that anyway!  She loves Audrey An so much and has also worked so hard in teaching her how to read along with momma and papa bear.  It's been a TEAM approach...all three of us trying and trying and trying and trying....did I say trying!?!  I even asked her if all the words had short or long vowel sounds and she gave the correct answer.  Oh my word....I thought I was going to cry tears of JOY!!!!  This may not sound like a big deal, but it is!!!  It's a HUGE honkin' answer to prayer!!!  I know we have a long way to go, but there was such  excitement for her (all of us) when the switch flipped over!  So proud of you, Audrey An, and I'm just as proud of you Abigail for always being her cheerleader!  Maybe I can stop pulling my hair out...maybe for at least one day???  We may even throw you another party once you get the concept of "tally marks" in math and learn to count past 20, okay sweet pea?!  You CAN do it!!!!
AA eating up all her sister's praise!

What's a party without dancing???  They had to have a "stage", too.

Abigail, the party organizer, had AA show off her new skills!

THANK YOU, sissy, for my reading party.  You're the best!!!!


Always there to help her when she gets"stuck".


No comments: