Thursday, June 7, 2012

Marathon Texas Tour

Howdy, pardner!  Yes, it's me the long lost blogger.  It's been almost a month since I gave an update, and I feel kind of lost without journaling! I really didn't fall off the face of the earth.  The girls and I were in the Lone Star State for two weeks, and David was able to join us for a portion of it, too.  We had a great time, and I'm so thankful I was up to making the trip.  I was pretty exhausted from all the travel (3 flights and getting bumped on our return trip), but it was worth it to see family and friends!  Thankfully, everyone, of course, very gracious and understanding knowing that I couldn't do much other than sit around and rest quite a bit (and do a liiiiitle bit of shopping and eating devouring mexican food!).
First stop on the Texas Tour: my bff's house!  Here's Owen, Audrey An, Abigail, and my beautiful god-daughter, McKenzie Grace...best buddies reunited after almost 2 years!

They swam and swam and swam...
They swam enough the two blondie's hair turned a lovely shade of green!   After some research and a plea on facebook of what to do about their lovely hair color, the consensus was to shampoo their hair in ketchup!  I did one night of ketchup and the next night I used lemon juice.  Between the two trial runs, Ab's hair is back to normal now.
"Uncle" Troy served us up some awesome burgers to go with the ketchup!
Two princesses!
the future Mr. and Mrs.  (oops....don't tell them Kristina and I are arranging their marriage!)
We had a great time with Kristina, Troy, Owen and MG.  Love that I can go almost two years (well, I don't love that it was that long!) without physically seeing my bff and we pick up right where we left off!  Love ya, girl!  You're a great friend, mommy, wife, and encourager.  You always sharpen me and always put my mom skills to shame!!!!  GOOOOOOO KAMP KRISTINA!!!  Ok, and why didn't WE get a picture toghether....hello!?!?!?!

Next stop on the tour:  My sis and family!
Cousins!  Jonathan, Abigail, Steven (who is by the way MAN CHILD, now...16 and 6'3"!!) & AA
Da Boyz with The Green Egg
Texans at heart ;-)
Debra and Mark
time out for...
swingin'
swimmin'
and soccer!
Next Stop: David's family!

I made "David's favorite chocolate cake" for his birthday two days ahead so we'd have plenty of time to enjoy it!! (although I think we consumed it in one sitting)
A birthday for David would not be complete without mexican food!
David's dad, John, and sister, Deborah, with the birthday boy!
 the whole gang...minus Mark! (I heard you were in DC...lol!)
His girls!
Arriba!





Yes, everyone had to make nice with the sombrero!  It cracks me up the difference in the girl and boy photos...can you tell the differences!?!?!

Ride 'em, horsey!  Whose the kid here...love him!
Next stop: "old" friends (I won't say how "old" we're getting!)-  Tricia, Ardis, me, Amy, Leslie, Julie and Elizabeth Ann...precious friends who I hadn't seen in a very long time.  It was awesome to catch up these sweet ladies!  I've got sweet memories with each of the gals and lots of life lessons learned with them as well...good times.
Then, Next stop: AMERCIAN GIRL store.  It's a must stop whenever we come to town!


Next stop: Mom, Dad and Nini!
The girls with their great grandmother Nini.
Sippin' some summertime lemonade with Nana!
Abigail lookin' all tween like with Papa D!
Mom made me sift through my closet that had my high school track medals, homecoming mums, bible drill certificates, basketball awards...also found a few love letters, ahem!  Much to mom's dismay not much of left their house and found it's way into my suitcase.  I just couldn't seem to find room ;-)

Abigail was OBSESSED with playing Monopoly with her daddy and Papa D.  MOST of the time she was quite congenial!!!
Can't for the life of me remember what we were laughing at...
4 generations!
from another perspective...
We enjoyed another mexican birthday dinner for David and myself with mom, dad and grandmother- plus this beautiful sunset!


Ok, now you have the marathon tour (minus sooooo many more photos that were taken....yes, we're obsessed with pics!).  Grateful to be home.  Grateful to be able to have flight benefits (even when we get bumped!).  Grateful for family.  Grateful for friends.  Grateful to have some improved health although it is very, very slow.  Grateful to have the opportunity to see yet another new doctor this coming week, and I am still waiting to get in with the neurologist.  "Be still and KNOW that I am God."

No comments: