Thursday, June 28, 2012

Happy little girls!

Last week Abigail participated in volleyball camp at her new school.  She had a great week, learned new skills, met new friends, and came home a "happy camper"!  Oh, but that first day when I dropped her off my heart sunk...literally.  Abigail's main prayer request has been that she make new friends at her new school.  It just about killed me to leave her after seeing her climb up into those bleacher stands with her posture sinking just a bit (no, it sank a bunch!)....uggh.  I couldn't stand it!  AA and I hung out for just a minute (tried to be inconspicious!) to see if her sad face would turn into a happy face.  Well, I casually walked over to her to give her an extra nudge of encouragement, but I knew she didn't want her "not-so-cool-mom" to be hangin' around...  SO, I left....like a good little momma ;-)
Since it wasn't too cool for me to bring the honkin' camera to camp (oh, little does she know I will HAVE to get pics during a regular season though!) I had to have her pose in our backyard.
Crazy hair day at volleyball camp.  SO proud of her and one of her new friends, Emily, for not being "too cool" to participate!  I do love that about Abs!!
 I prayed for my baby big girl ALL morning of that first day of camp.  I could NOT get her off my mind.  I just asked the Lord to send her a new friend and to help Abigail be strong and courageous in her new setting.  I prayed that when I picked her up she'd have a smile on her face then I would know all was okay.  Well, of course, God delivered, and she was all grins at pick up time.  THANK YOU!!!  Tuesday was a different story- not bad, just a different prayer ;-)  Unfortunately (or fortunately in some ways) , she's inherited he momma's perfectionistic ways.  She was down trodden with "I'm not good at this, and EVERYbody is better at volleyball than I am."....uggh.  Well, our prayers were concentrated in a different way the remaining of the week.  God was gracious and allowed her work through some of those feeling (not easy), have some ups and have some downs, and even score some points.  Life lessons are being learned, and my baby big girl is growing up!!!  



This week, little miss energizer bunny attended cheer camp.  WOW...how thrilling to see our little flower bud continue to blossom.  In some ways, I just could not stop laughing (to myself, of course!) today as we watched them show off what they learned this week because they was such a difference in ability levels in the older and, ummmm, Audrey An.  She was just beaming though!  She just doesn't know how to NOT have a good time.  It was particulary great for me to see this today because I've wanted to pinch her little head off the past couple of weeks (Gasp!!!!  did I just admit that to blogger world!?!?)...if you know what I mean.  Okay, yes, yes, I did.  I'm a normal mom!!!  More on that later....well, maybe ;-)
Audrey An going for a jump!
Proud momma!
Sweet friends, sisters Amelia and Emily, who AA was attached to at the hip for all of camp...or least today with what I saw! 
Miss Reagan....her patient cheer camp coach for the week!  GOOOOO, BLUE!
Even though the girls are having a fantastic summer we sure are missing family vacation with my family this week.  I'm so bummed we're not at the the beach with mom, dad and my sister's family, but I thought it best not to push this week since a just started with another new doctor and new meds.
So...occupied our time trying not to think about the surf and sand.  We made pizza cupcakes (thanks, pinterest!).
The girls love to cook!
Abs taught herself to sew (well, her DADDY helped a lot, too!). 
We  have David's mom's very nice sewing machine and my little creative daughter can't get enough of this kind of stuff!  Thank goodness pinterest has inspired me a bit more to try some more recipes and get my creative juices a flowing.  We've really had fun cooking and trying out new things since we've been home!
Okay, seriously, is there not anything my man can't do???  He SO puts me to shame!  Once he figured out all the buttons and switches he just whipped himself up a little pillow for the girls' dolls.  Hello!?!?! You da man!!

Medical update:  Since my first appointment two weeks ago with my newest doctor I've felt some stronger.  I've had a couple of nights of better sleep which is just HUGE to me!  It's still very much an issue, but I'll take good sleep here and there!  Tomorrow (Friday) I go for another appointment with her, and I cannot wait to get all the test results back.  I'm reeeeeaaaaallllly curious to see what all THIS testing says.  She tested CPK, mycoplasma, and my hormone levels.  She ran a HDL panel, tested for food allergies, Lymes Disease, Rocky Mountain Fever (or something like that), and much more....can't even remember!  I'm VERY thankful I'm seeing some improvement.  Progress is slow, but it's in the smallest things I'm noticing.  I noticed I could wring out my washcloth this week!  I noticed it was a tad easier heaving myself out of the bathtub this week!  I had couple of "long" days of errand running without totally having to run for my bed when I got home!  Now, I hope my appointment tomorrow isn't 5 1/2 hours again, BUT I'll take it if continues to help me!!!!  Praise God from whom all blessings flow!

No comments: