Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Acts of Love...

 Today, a small group of home school families and other adult volunteers came over to our house to put together gift bags for a special group of women who are ill.  We made it into a bit of a Christmas party for the kids, too!  We had fun time together.  We ate pizza and Christmas treats, made cards for the ladies, had a special prayer time for the ladies and the the weekend team, then we assembled 200 gift bags that will be delivered this weekend by another group of volunteers. 
Starting to inventory the scarves, gloves, socks, candies, and love notes...  OH.MY. GOODNESS, Abigail and Audrey An were so excited put this project together.  I'm seeing some organizational skills in these two little girls!  It was really neat to see how it all came together, too.  We were really short on some of the items so we prayed that God would provide, and He did!  Great lessons for the girls to see real tangible and quick answers to prayers these past 3 days as we all anticipated the "gift making party".

Having some fun!
Trying on the scarves to make "sure" the ladies will like them!  Thank you, girls, for your willing and giving hearts.  I love how you love to give.  You both inspire me.
The marshmallow treats dipped in chocolate were a hit, too.

Organized chaos...three "stations" of card makers (yes, one is on the stairs!) and one assembly line!
Most of the volunteers....a few had to slip out before we got the group shot!

WOW...THANK YOU to all who donated items and time.  It definitely was a team project!  We hope and pray these ladies are blessed by these tangible gifts, but most importantly by the True Giver of Gifts! May love, joy, and peace fill all their hearts this Christmas season.

  For me, it was a very refreshing time because it was truly the first service project of any kind that I've been able to do since we've been over here.  It's been so hard for me to say "no" to things this past year and watch others be the movers and shakers.  It's hard for me to "be still" at times (yes, that's been one of the many lessons I've been learning this year...).  I did tell David it was nice to feel useful again though! I was grateful that I had the strength to do it, but I was pretty wiped out by the end.  Maybe just maybe "Mrs. Insomnia" will actually sleep tonight??? 

No comments: