Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Things that make you go hmmmmm....

Ok, Ok, Ok...I've been a blog slacker this month.  Sorry!  I'm at a point again of perlexion (is that a word?? Yep, I say it is) so I've been a bit tongue tied lately (or maybe I should say thought-tied). Let me start with praises.  There are some, right?
*Abigail's volleyball team won their first game two weeks ago, and she scored the winning point with her serve!  Yes, her SERVE!  How cool it was for our family to celebrate God choosing to allow my Abigail to be in the right place at the right time and at the right rotation.  All those months of prayers for us just asking God to help her get a server over the net and He sees fit to reward her with the winning serve...the only game the team won all season long!
*I'm breathing...
*Abigail is feeling some better.
*My parents have been here since Friday and have helped me tremendously.
*I'm breathing ;-)
*David has a job.
*The girls are doing great in school.
*I've been encouraged tremendously via on-line sermons this month (I think I've listened to probably 40+!)
*Guest bathroom is almost complete (had it in enough working order while mom and dad have been here!)
*Finally got to meet a neighbor the girls and I've been praying for for several months.
*Did I mention that I can breathe?
*My itching has subsided thanks to a recommendation from my retired pharmaceutical sales dad!

Okay, so here I am.  My CPK has surged back up to a whopping 2996....uggh.  No wonder I can't pull the covers over me in bed or get up and down with ease from a chair anymore.  I'm back to having David getting me out of the tub, the girls helping me with my hair and dressing, and not having enough strength to lift my dinner plate.  Humbling.

Due to my doctor now thinking my issues are environmental she suggested a mold evaluation be done of our home. Two companies came out...one didn't know what they were doing and the other is starting a remediation of our basement today.  Dr. M says I do have some classic signs of being highly sensitive to mold.  I told her, "But I didn't get sick here in the states."  Well, then I told her come to think of it Vietnam was way more humid than where I live now, and we could even see mold on our walls there."  Thankfully, the mold here is contained in the basement (well, visibly...of course, nothing is ever totally contained.  but the visible mold is only in the basement).  This makes some sense to me.  It was when David cracked into our guest bath for remodel that I started itching so severely, and my other symptoms began to increase.  Hmmmm.  Sometimes I feel like we're chasing rabbits, but then at other times I have to continue to acknowledge that I've had quicker progress with Dr. M's treatment than any other.

I still know that my God could heal me in the blink of an eye but is choosing not to for some reason- there's got to be a greater purpose.  His timing is definitely not my timing as far as this goes...just sayin'.  I'll be honest.  If you've been a regular reader, you've seen my oh-so-ups-and-downs of emotions in this.  I'm weary.  I have to fight HARD to keep my emotions in check.  I feel guilt at times.  I'm mad at times.  I'm peaceful at times.  I'm thankful at times.  I'm frustrated and want to punch out a window at times (and, ummmm, yes, I've thrown a couple of remote controls in the last two years but don't tell anyone!). I'm content at times.  I doubt at times.  I've got great hope at times.  I'm a total schizoid at times...ask anyone in my family!  There are so many things in which I'm thankful so I feel guilty when I'm down and out...but I can't hide it...I'm down and out right now.  It will get better.  My prayer right now that God will just restore joy and peace in my heart right now so I can deal with life.  Complete healing on this side of heaven may not be in the plan so I've got to come to a point of contentment on this roller coaster ride of health.
My little punkins...
Mom and I at Audrey Ans' GA brunch at church

My dad power washed our driveway and sidewalks on Saturday, mopped my floors, cleaned all our bathrooms, emptied/loaded my dishwahser everyday, took Abigail on a date while mom and I were at the brunch with AA.  What a guy!  So thankful for helpful parents!!


No comments: