Sunday, January 27, 2013

Happy Heart

I've wanted to wait to update until my next IVIG, but I have now decided I might never update if that's the case! I never dreamed it would take this long to get my next treatment approved and scheduled (not sure why since insurance is involved!). Its suppose to be given every 3-4 weeks and I'll be at seven weeks IF I get it this coming week. Well, I'm truly hoping and praying that I will hear something on Monday and getting "infused" by week's end at the very least. I so want to maximize the benefits of this! So...please pray for quick resolve and efficiency (as well as The Lord will use this treatment to continue to heal me and with no negative side effects). My activity level has increased a bit this past week unlike my difficult week of transition from the hospital to home two weeks ago. I'm very grateful that I was able to do three days of PT/OT last week (some of my PT sessions are aquatic therapy...so much easier than on the land!). I've had a couple of lunch outings with some friends (OH, how I needed to see outside my four walls and have a social life!), and I even went to church (class and service) today. No, I am not driving yet in case you're wondering! This is all with a 20 mg drop in steroid, too-yay! David and another friend of ours (Andy) started a new class at church this morning. It felt great to be back at church and seeing my man teach again. When we moved overseas we told our old class he wouldn't be teaching that (the former) class, and I wouldn't be directing it anymore when we returned home. Of course, things were a tad topsy turvy when we returned, and we weren't in a position to take on the full responsibility of a new class again at that time even though it was killing us to not! David and Andy started talking about starting something last May, but the right opportunity didn't really come about until now. So, we (David, Andy, his wife Christina, and I) are excited to see what God has in store now.

Yes, I have a happy heart. I have a happy heart for many reasons. It truly began to see a difference with my heart last Sunday. I actually went back to church last Sunday, but I just felt I had enough strength to go to the service only. It just proves to me that believers in Christ need each other (never have needed much convincing though). We need encouragement. We need fellowship. We need to worship together (Hebrews 10:24). Although I've had some of that, of course, via "tv and internet church" and through people ministering to me in so many ways, it's just not quite the same as fellowshipping WITH your own church body AT church. I'm happy I've seen some increased strength. I'm happy my girls are seeing answers to their prayers, I'm happy that I've had some transitions I'm working through and God is showing me some answers...gradually. I'm happy that David, the girls and I have had some great conversations this weekend and has reminded me of why I am called to be a mommy. To be honest..I've needed that.

Below is my sweet grandmother Nini who turned 94 this week. I know you're not suppose to broadcast a woman's age, but I think she has earned it! I wish I could have been with her to give her birthdays hugs myself. The next is mom and dad at the Baylor game...think they could dunk it like it Griner??? Then...I came across a few "oldies"-Abigail at age four (in one of my old dresses!) and the girls with their cousins, and Abigail with Owen (my bff's first child). Wow- how they're growing up!













No comments: