Saturday, February 2, 2013

IVIG Round #2

I started my second IVIG 3 day treatment yesterday. Thankfully, at the end of Day 2 of 3 I've not had any bad side effects. This round (and the remaining treatments) of IVIG will be completed in home. On Wednesday, we received two large boxes via UPS filled with all the meds and supplies- complete with IV pole. (Isn't my delivery guy handsome? See below!) The company asked if they could leave the boxes on my doorstep if I wasn't home. Ummmmm, NO!!!! I'm not chancing a very expensive shipment of blood plasma (or what I'm calling liquid gold!!) being delivered to the wrong house or being stolen. Guess what happened?? They left it on my doorstep...and David and I were even home when it was delivered. Thankful I spotted it quickly! I've had two different nurses each day and both have been super nice. They both had difficulty finding a "good vein" and had to stick me several times, but we got my liquid gold flowing finally-even had to restick me mid-infusion because it was leaking. Liquid Gold canNOT leak...just sayin!!!!

Other praises aside from the obvious of getting my IVIG finally approved and scheduled after A LOT of red tape, phone calls and frustration include the following:
*I'm grateful that when a new month of flying started for David yesterday,the timing of the in-home infusions corresponded with when my man being gone-yay!
*Abigail "re-started" flute lessons. This is another huge answer to prayer. She's been completely frustrated all year long with band. We had started lessons (actually just one) right when I had my flare up in the Fall; therefore, I couldn't continue the lessons due to my inability to drive and get her there which resulted in more flute frustration which resulted in more guilt for me of things I can't do for my children...and I regress...
*Her flute teacher came to our house this week for a lesson! She will continue to work with her after school one day a week at the school. Now David will just have to delay school pick up that day and we are good to go!
*Audrey An auditioned for a short drama part for her church choir musical. I was so proud of her. She was really excited to try out, but then her nerves and the "what if I mess up?" attitude got the best of her last week. I stopped that immediately and asked her what we did when we were scared. She said, "Pray." By the time she got home from music practice last week she had a smile on her face and came bouncing into the house all Audrey An-like with a different attitude and announced matter of factly, "Mommy, I have prayed and I think I'm going to be okay. I want to try out for a part!" So, we practiced the 4-5 lines and prayed all week about just doing her best, it's ok if you don't get a drama part, and praying through things that are scarey to us (mommy included!), etc. Results to be announced at a later date!!!

Lastly, I couldn't leave out a special large envelope that was delivered this week. It was full of encouraging cards and scriptures from the ladies of my sisters adult bible fellowship class from her her church. It made me tear up, of course. Again, I can't express the gratitude of the prayer warriors interceding on my behalf! Some of my favorite scriptures on these cards....
*Isaiah 26:3 "You will keep in perfect peace those whose minds are steadfast, because they trust in you."
*Isaiah 41:10 "So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."
*John 10:10 "The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full."
*Romans 15:13 "May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit."
*I Peter 5:6-11 "Humble yourselves, therefore, under God’s mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time. Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you. Be alert and of sober mind. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. Resist him, standing firm in the faith, because you know that the family of believers throughout the world is undergoing the same kind of sufferings. And the God of all grace, who called you to his eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while, will himself restore you and make you strong, firm and steadfast. To him be the power for ever and ever. Amen."

I also wanted to share a quote I read this week from Pastor Tony Evans of Oak Cliff Bible Church in Dallas, Tx: "Sometimes God will allow you to experience a bigger-than-life Goliath so that you get to experience a bigger-than-Goliath God." Awwwww, I love that ! Bring on the sling shot, baby!!!!!

When you pray for me, please add a high school friend of mine's daughter, Hannah (she is a teenager), to your prayer list as well. She's been ill for a year now and just completed her second IVIG treatment yesterday, too. We will overcome!





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay for great news! Praying for you!

Alissa