Sunday, February 16, 2014

Chinizza!

9 cupcakes for one sweet 9 year old!

Yes, AA DID turn 9 back in December, but we never had a "kid" party...so I surprised her with her her bff, Grace, coming over for a sleepover Friday nite.  Audrey An walked in and said, "Who's birthday, mom????"  I said, "It's YOURS again, and she just lit up!"  With all the hub-bub of adoption paperwork and us preparing for Chan the man I wanted to make her very special and not think we'd forgotten about her.  I think her little love tank was filled.
 We kinda combined birthday, CHINese New year, pIZZA, and Valentine's Day and called it "CHINIZZA"---I kinda like it.  So, I declare a new holiday in honor of Audrey An Xiaoli.  We might have a "Chinizza" every year!

Goodness...could her smile get any bigger?!?

My sweet Valentines after church today
Do you see FLAT STANLEY with my handsome nephew, Steven?  Audrey An is doing a class project and mailed "Flat Stanley" to Nana and Papa D.  They went to see Steven and celebrated dad and Steven's birthday this week, and Flat Stanley went along for the ride!

Pretty, but I'm so over the cold....ready for FLIP FLOPS!
Remember in last post about our power outtage? Our friends, Cindy and Derrick, graciously let us hang at their place overnight, and we went "canoeing" down the hill...so fun!

Chan update:  Got word his bridge foster family will be ready for him this week.  Praying we hear from our In-country rep tomorrow that his transition will take place in the next couple of days AND that C*hina has prepared his current foster family for that!

No comments: