Thursday, February 27, 2014

What a Day!!!!
















Wow what a day- I love the progression of these pictures. It tells you exactly what has happened today!  I got a text from China last nite that Chan was in transit to the bridge foster home. I was in disbelief because just 24+ hours before we were being told it might be another week before he could be transferred. Sooo... I was about to crawl in bed, but, of course, had to know when he arrived. Sooooo... I turned the ringer OFF my phone, turned the vibrate ON my phone, and pulled the covers OVER my head so the light from my phone (from the incessant checking of messages!) wouldn't wake up David. I truly look like I was camping out in our master bedroom Well, what do you know- I dozed off for about 30 minutes and guess what happened? I missed the text that he had arrived! How ironic is that that the insomniac fell asleep!?!?!  If I had TRIED to fall asleep it wouldn't have happened. 

The new family has been absolutely wonderful to keep us in the loop of what's happening on their end as they know it. They said he was very scared and a little teary-eyed when he arrived, but then they got some smiles out of him. The second picture was by the end of their day (our morning). Chan was wrestling with their boys, being goofy, building Lego houses, and having a great time. How awesome is that?! He even ate chicken nuggets and mac and cheese (CFA, here we come!).

David and I had already made an appointment to go to the girls school this morning to talk to the headmaster about our possible travel dates, etc. About an hour after we got home we received an unexpected call from our wonderful agency that our TA (travel approval) was on it's way, and they should receive the hardcopy  Friday or Monday! Once they have that, they can then apply for our consulate appointment, and we can make our flight arrangements. Oh. My. Word.... I kept telling myself, "Breathe!!! Breathe!!! Isaiah 26:3, Isaiah 26:3, Isaiah 26:3, Breathe!!!! Breathe!!!!"  This exactly what happened with AA's adoption: wait, wait, wait... Then KA-BOOM!! Everything starts happening very fast!

After a minor little panic attack (not really...well, yeah, actually kinda!) and some prayer time with my man we were off to FedEx to mail Chan's last care package. 

As Abigail and I were driving home from her track practice we received a message asking if we wanted to Skype with Chan. Ummmmm, yeah!!!   I could not have asked for anything better. He was all smiles-so happy-and it was glorious not to be able to have to type my message, cut and paste to Google translate and stare at the screen and wonder if the beautiful people on the other side of the screen understood what we were saying. They understood because they speaka-da-English, but they also speaka-da- chinese! Woohoo! Blessing!  It was the first time we felt we were truly "talking" with him, asking him about his day, etc. He seemed pretty content throughout the call. We asked him if it be okay to call him Chan (well, actually it was translated into him... but you know what I mean!), and he grinned from ear to ear. They explain that Xiaoli was now called Audrey An, and he seemed to be completely cool with that (and guess what I got via email and hour later!? Him writing his new name in ENGLISH)! Guess what the other two things he smiled about-1. His baba had made Xiaoli fried rice tonite and 2. After we learned he went straight for the toy airplanes over the toy cars, his new baba told him he flies the fei ji (airplane)! Who wouldn't think their dad is super cool if he flies airplanes (now I need to find my super power!).  I think he's going to fit in real well!

I'm either going to sleep like a rock tonight or I will be completely wired tonight because I can't get that sweet face out of my mind. 

19 "For I am about to do something NEW.  See, I have already begun! Do you not see it?  I will make a pathway through the wilderness. I will create rivers in the dry wasteland." Isaiah 43:19


No comments: