Monday, February 24, 2014

MAMA in any language

 This past weekend I wrote my LAST care package letter to Chan because I won't have to mail something thousands of miles to him anymore come verrrrry soon. It was my FIRST letter to Chan that I signed it "Love, MAMA, Baba (dad), Abigail and Xiaoli". Gulp and double gulp.  That package will be flying the friendly skies this week.  (Abigail said, "Mom!  I'm the only one who doesn't have a chinese name!)
I woke up to two great emails this morning (both from China!): 1.  Our TA (Travel Approval)  Day 1 wait  starts now because our Article 5 paperwork is ready for picked up! 2.  Chan will be moving tomorrow (Tuesday...  Our Monday nite!) afternoon to the bridge foster family. Please continue to pray for this transition- for Chan, the bridge family, as well as the family who has cared for him the last 7 years.  As I type this it's 10:20 pm where he is, and it's the very last night he will ever sleep in that bed.  Wow.  Words just can't even express my excitement yet heartache for him.  They are ALL in my thoughts and prayers ALL the time. Such a change for all. Unlike Audrey An, he's going to have a period of "westernized" transition and will not be returned to the orphanage...praying for a smooth transition and PRAISING the good Lord for the family who's taking him in to love on him, teach him, and prepare him for the next huge transition!!!

My stomach has kinda been in knots for about 10 days anticipating (but knowing exactly when) his transfer. My heart has just aches imagining what his mind is thinking! We've prayed. Many people have prayed. We are praying. Many people are praying. I emailed the following last week to some of my prayer warriors: Pray God will release all his (and foster family) fears and give him peace and a sense of excitement. Pray that disposable camera will be returned with him- full of pics of his friends, school, village...all that is important to him." I know God's got this. God's got his heart and my heart. God's got all of my family's hearts. One of my favorite verses was sent to me this week- "Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid for the Lord your God goes with you WHEREVER you go." Joshua 1:9. This verse has had very special meaning to mean since 1996, and I hope all my children will claim it in their lives as well. 
I emailed Chan over the weekend telling him we'd be coming soon and explaining kinda what to expect in the next few weeks. Oh, how I pray God's peace for him. I pray when he wakes up there will be a sense of anticipation for him, and these last moments with his foster family are very special. Psalm 68:6 "God places the lonely in families; he sets the prisoners free and gives them JOY."

Coming soon, sweet boy!

 Let the packing dumping begin!

No comments: