Friday, December 2, 2016

Day 4- Dragonesti & Stoenesti

My favorite day so far! This morning we met with all the missionaries gathered at Hope Church. We introduced ourselves, and wouldn't you know there were 7 Texans in the group?! There's always a Texan in the group! Our missions pastor, Lanny, spoke and encouraged them in their work in the Lord as they are a great model in missional work. We continued delivering gift bags of food, blankets, scarves and gloves (it's cold and very windy!).

Abigail and I were in separate ministry groups after lunch. She was able to give her testimony in a service where another team member, Howard, preached. I'm so thankful for this! I was told she did a great job- not an easy task to speak, wait for translation, and keep your thoughts ordered. It's great knowing my child is learning to share her faith and love on these people.

I was in a group with Susan and Cherie with Tavi and Nicoleta driving and translating for us. We were in some extremely poverish homes today- one lady I thought was 70 was really 38. She was so sick. Did I mention how cold it is here? Several children we saw were barefoot outside-oh, oh, oh! We met one family who had never even heard of Jesus. I know there are so many in the world who fall into this scenario, but I've only met one other family who didn't know WHO he was. I had the pleasure of asking if I could share who he was and what He's done for me. They let me, and I'm believing the Lord with bring them to faith with the help of the faithful church family following up with them.

The other visit that made an impression on me was one just in the street because the dad is an alcoholic and weren't invited in and the mom left the family. I moved to give the girls a hug, and the literally didn't act like they'd ever had a hug before. I had to just hold them and kiss their cheek- it was hard to let go (and I'm not a big hugger!) knowing they didn't have a momma's (or daddy's) love being shown to them. Ugh! We sang some songs with them and tried to play patty-cake. I left their food bag on their porch so hopefully the girls will let their daddy know some ladies who love Jesus left it.

Yesterday was a difficult day for me, but today my heart was encouraged even in the poverty and sadness I saw today. Everytime I'm in a different culture I'm reminded what excess we have in America. Yes, of course, there are places of abundance and poverty in many countries, but it seems Americans have such a feeling of entitlement. It's all based on perspective... but whose perspective do we have? It's been 2.5 years since I've been out of the country. It was time.

No comments: