Thursday, December 1, 2016

Day 3- Gypsies in Craiova

This morning part of our team met with a missionary team in Craiova. Nobody had ever been to this town, but had been prayed for for years...decades (18 years from the leader of the Craiova team and over 30 from our missions pastor and wife). We drove on some very bumpy roads to reach the Roma (gypsy) community. Today, Susan, Rakinah, Abigail and our fearless leader, Lanny were placed individually with a translator and entered into the homes to talk with and give food bags. Wow- I was so proud of my Abigail. I can't imagine being 15, in a foreign country with a translator, and sharing her faith! How thankful I am of how God has been preparing my baby big girl for this exact time. She's had some experience with translators and foreign countries...just a few! The last picture is her with her kind and hilarious translator.

I particularly enjoyed visiting with Rodi, the wife of the missionary and seeing abby and a little girl giggle together. What a kind and godly young woman and fun children. I was asked by several on our team "how was today?", and since I can't fib I had to say, "well, kinda awkward!". Awkward because I'd prayed that God would give me the words, but I fumbled around and had a harder time relating today. I loved getting to meet the locals and see yet another group of people and how they live and know that Jesus loves them just like me- no more, no less. Difficult to be reminded of similar circumstances my younger lived prior to their adoption- no electricity, well water, muddy roads, clothes washed in a tub/wood fire inside their very, very modest homes (pink picture), clothes hanging outside to dry... a poor community.

We then had a gathering with all the families visited (probably around 60-70 people in a 15x15 room). We sang lots of worship songs which the kids sang very heartily! The gospel was shared, and when it was finished we were told that it was the first "church" service- how awesome!

One last picture was on this incredibly scenic view overlooking the city. The local team meets there weekly on this hill to pray for the city of Craiova. We ended the day at the hotel to eat a traditional Romanian meal. Night night for me... new day tomorrow!

No comments: