Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Day 5- Visiting the widows plus Abigail's testimony

Yesterday, I went with Isabel, Dorothy and Anna to visit several precious ladies who are widows and one lady who is very ill. I really cannot explain the living conditions of these precious villagers. No heat in this bitter cold. Some had wood burning stoves that would get quite toasty as we were visiting, but many had open or broken "windows", dirt floors (aka mud since it's just slush because if the snow or rain), out houses (one family I visited had an outhouse that had blown over in the high winds and the husband was away with work so the wife and children were, well, not using an outhouse until it could be fixed. Many had a single lightbulb hanging in their 10x10 house- not room. It house. Most of these widows had no one. No one to see about them. No one to love them. No one to help get groceries for them. I'm so thankful one of Dorothy's assignments is to love on them and help provide some physical needs as well as introduce them who helps their spiritual needs. 


Abigail was with a separate group in another village. She's now given her testimony twice, and I couldn't be more thankful.  It was recorded, and I was amazed (although I shouldn't have been because I had many people praying her confidence would be in the Lord and He would give her the words to say!) poised and waited patiently for the translator. 
























Christa 

No comments: