Friday, October 28, 2011

A little bit of catch up

Okay, so I'm really still here.  I've just been distracted with teaching school, helping sick kids get better, visiting doctors, dealing with insurance, questioning my own health progress (or lack there of), re-evaluating my purpose while we're here, trying to thrive and not just survive, coming to terms that OUR plan while we've been here was obviously not HIS plan, and praying through all kinds of decisions this month so I've not posted much lately.  Here's our month in a nutshell for now...
Audrey An giving a good 'ol try at the ukelala!

We love Mrs. Laura...I think they could go on the road!  Thank you for sharing your time and talents with my girls, Laura : )
So...after weeks of convincing the girls to get a little trim.  Both girls went for it.  So, both girls plus their daddy got their hair cut all for the USD equivalent of $7.50.  We can't quite do that in the states!  It was a step up from the "tree guy".  Am I just totally bad or what...I make my kids go to the "locals", but I'm not brave enough.  whimp : )

I'm quite certain this was the first time this floor had ever seen blonde hair!

The finished product...beautiful Abigail!  She looks so grown up to me now!
Okay, so moving on to the feet.  Yes, those legs don't belong to me.  Hint: a real man gets a pedi with his wife!  He liked it so much we didn't leave until he pampered himself with a mani, too, but I'm not telling....shhhhhhhh!
waiting on some lunch...

Our view at lunch and yes, and that is an ENCHILADA.  Not quite Tex-Mex that we love, but it will have to do for now!  People watching on this teeny tiny ledge was great though.


First day of trying to learn to ride (with supportive sister catching it on tape)!
oops

calling it a day and walking back home
Now, moving on to art class.

Abigail is called the "professional" student by her teacher.  It's great seeing her excel in something she's really enjoying.
every week at our house...
Last but definitely not least- I was privileged to attend a ladies' retreat last weekend.  This was my view from my balcony.  To the right were rice fields...

and to the left was a beautiful view of a river.
 I had been anticipating the retreat for several months for many reasons.  I was so blessed to have been a part of the weekend.  WOW...what a glimpse of heaven I got to see.  As one friend of mine put it "every tribe and every nation"!  I was refreshed but at the same time was in the midst of some open heart surgery if you know what I mean.  The good kind of surgery though.  The theme was "drawing near" and evaluating the hindrances and highways in our path.  Ouch.  So, it looks like I'll be in another type of rehab (a welcomed one though!).  Hopefully, David's having some heart surgery this weekend on his retreat as well.  It comes at a very good time for us as we are seeking wisdom and making some difficult decisions for our family.

"Be still and know that I am God" has been a tad difficult for me to incorporate into my life this year- eventhough I've been forced to literally be still.  It's a lesson that I've obviously not learned and I am in desperate need of and have a long way to go in learning.

No comments: