Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Family Date Night

It's been a challenging week for me physically to say the least so tonight we got spiffed up a bit and went out on the town to lift our spirits.  We were celebrating a new day!
So we had a progressive dinner...dinner at an italian place with a beautiful view of the lake  You like the self  family portrait?
We played "telephone".
We soon discovered it was a challenging game with one player who has medically induced hearing loss this week and another player who we call the "missing link" (no names mentioned...ahem...).  It brought some laughter and that was the intent so all is good!

Can someone please tell who told little miss abigial to go and get all grown up looking on me!?!?


 Gettin' me some lovin'!
Then...we motored on over to our favorite french bakery for dessert- yummo!! We were very international tonight!  we headed back home and watched the movie "Zookeeper".  It gave us a good laugh, but I have to give a disclaimer (like most movies!!)...had a handful of explicatives we had to fast forward.  WHY doe Hollywood feel the need for that...uggh.  Kevin James is one of favorite actors..he's just.hilarious.

Quick update on what's happening medically with me:  To put things into a nutshell I've had a pretty honkin' set back medically this week.  My CPK is back up to 1400 (definitely NOT in the normal range anymore, but thankful it's not at 8000 anymore either!), I've basically lost my hearing in one ear (temporarily) due to my ears being so swollen from the disease plus the bizarro cuticle thing has occurred again.    Not sure why all this came about, but it's just part of the highs and lows of this disease, I guess- not fun, quite discouraging.  Tomorrow, I'll have day 3 of an iv steroid to hopefully get me beyond this bad flare up that came from nowhere.  This means starting on Friday I'll have to increase my oral steroid to just about double of what I've been taking the past few weeks...arrrrgh!  It's taken me MONTHS to slowly decrease the steroid dosage.  That doesn't make me a happy camper (sniff sniff!!!).  Well, I should say, I'm happy the iv is reducing the swelling in my ear and relieving the excruciating pain in my ears and jaw.  Just not happy that I feel I'm almost starting over on the amount of steroids that I've been desperately praying away!!!

So...tonight's family date nite was all about celebrating even in the hard times, enjoying each other's company,  rejoicing that my sweet doctor hasn't given up on me (and still accepts me as her patient since our insurance is giving her (and us!) migraines!!), knowing that people from all over the world are praying for my family's situation (people I don't even know), and remembering that God will never leave us or forsake us!

No comments: