Sunday, January 15, 2012

PINKalicious party!

Audrey An's bday was last month, but since it's so close to Christmas we had her party today.  Yesterday, the girls and I made AA's birthday cupcakes for today's party. The girls LOVE to bake so they were counting the minutes to hear, "Ok, girls...let's do this!"
and be the challenged chef that I am...I somehow found a way to mess up cupcakes!  I emailed my bff last night and told her I would either be super freak mom who can't even make cupcakes OR I'd be super cool mom who made the biggest and bestest cupcakes EVER!!!   Then I emailed Dr. Nathalie and told her I thought my cupcakes got a hold of my steroid bottle...lol!!!  Oh well, I don't think the pinkalicious girls minded at all.
Happy Birthday, Audrey An!  Before we finished up decorating this afternoon, AA yelled to me from downstairs, "Mommy, this is like a dream come true!"   awwwwwww.....
everyone decorated their own cupcake
big sis got in on the action!
HOW could you be seven already!?
Super daddy even gives pink manicures!

I realized last night that this would be AA's first friend birthday party!  It's her third birthday with us, but when she turned 5 we had a surprise family party, and when she turned 6 we had just moved her and didn't know a soul!  She was over the top excited about having a party since she'd not ever had one before.
DRAMA queen!?!  She actually was just throwing the balloon and I caught her at just the right moment!
reading AA's favorite book to a very captive audience


hey, these are pretty good!
Real men wear pink, and a great daddy wears pink at the request of his daughter for a PINKALICOUS party!
Thanks to pinterest (my latest obsession), I found a cute idea to play balloon ping pong (or as Abigail renamed it, PINK pong!).  Since I couldn't find tongue depressors to tape on the back of the paper plates, we used chopsticks, of course!
We all wore pink in honor of the birthday girl.




2 comments:

The Hands said...

BEST party theme ever!! Oh, it looks like ya'll had so much fun. Hey, we should skype eachother sometime to catch up- it's been a LONG time!

Christa said...

You're so sweet...thanks! I cannot take credit for theme. Pinterest is my new best friend...lol! Yes, would love to skype. Wondering if your are "here" or "there" these days?