Wednesday, January 25, 2012

You know your family has...

lots of medical problems when your youngest daughter gets confused during her prayers...and I quote, "Dear God, please help Uncle Mark's back get better and help Nana's ear to get better.  OH! WAIT! I mean Uncle Mark's ear and Nana's back...or is it hip?"  Oh wow...bless her heart.  Yes, both of these family members have had surgery on those body parts recently, and we have been praying for healing for both of them, but she just got "misfused" (as she says confused).  Can you tell what category the bulk of our prayers fall into???

Speaking of "misfused"...I've been doing a lot of asking and discerning lately in order to NOT be misfused.    Honestly, I've been having a hard time , no...frustrated, at some passages I've been reading and studying this week.  I've identified this week a little too well with an OT passage which speaks of "wrestling with God" (that could be like at least a year long post!).  The NT passage I've spent some time on says, "If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you." (James 1:5).  Hmmm, well, I'm asking, but I'm not getting generously right now.  Why?  In the next 4 verses states a condition: "But when you ask, you must believe and not doubt, because the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind. That person should not expect to receive anything from the Lord.  Such a person is double-minded and unstable in all they do."  So...that's part two of why I'm a tad frustrated.  Seriously?  Am I doubting?  How could it be?  I've earnestly been asking in faith (wrestling) for complete healing and understanding.  I know His timing is not my timing but could "doubting" be my hang up?  Well, it definitely has made me stop and think.

I exchanged emails several times today with a sweet friend who's been such an encouragement (thank you, Nancy!), and I loved what she said.  "The thing baking in the oven right now could be "trust"-and it's not done cooking."  I know I may never see His purposes (but I might), and I can't even begin to count how many times I've said this year- "be still and know."  I guess HE's got a lot more molding and shaping of me to do!  His purposes are not fulfilled yet.  Enough of my rambling- just had to get some of that off my chest.  I'm sure it's not the end of my venting...lol!


Got some praises though!
1.  Through a series of events and people willing to help me I've got medicines coming to me in the next few days from Thailand and USA- yay!
2.  David's got a new position at work now that he's super excited about- yay, baby...SO proud of you!
3.  My super red/purple hands have almost cleared up this week due to a change in steroid- yay!
4.  I've got a husband who still listens to me talk out all these crazy thoughts I have in my head as we try to sift through all the decisions we are in the midst of making.
5.  Was able to take Abigail to the doctor today, and she got meds for her upper respiratory infection...hopefully, she'll be on the mend very soon.

My request that we've been ASKING for lately:
1.  Wisdom whether to continue traditional chinese medicine (I've currently been told to take a break from it this week in order for my western and eastern meds to "balance" out) or begin a new treatment (one that we know there's been success in the states, but most doctors here are resistant.  My Bangkok doctor is willing to try it though). The "new" treatment is obviously not a guarantee to my healing either.

Nancy sent this song to me today...great words: "You Steady My Heart".

No comments: