Friday, April 6, 2012

Significant Weekend

Well, if you're following our journey this past year, you know that we're leaving on a jet plane late Saturday night to return to the USA after many months of waiting and prayers for wisdom and direction in regards to my health.  Yes, we'll be boarding a big metal tube in about a day to make the 24+hour trek home to our home country.  There's a huge mix of emotions balled up in all four of us...all for different reasons, but all very real to each of us.  David's co-workers gave us a goodbye party tonight, and I kinda felt in a daze to be real honest.  Our house is spick and span, packed up and overflowing with 4 stuffed backpacks, a flight case, eleven suitcases (that WE are taking) and two more suitcases that friends (thanks, Shaun and Michael!) have graciously offered to return with next month.  Since I woke up at 2am and am now running on pure adrenaline I do look back at this day and feel completely exhausted knowing what all has been accomplished!  SURELY converting that many suitcases from kilos to pounds counts for some type of homeschooling this week????  I do praise God that he truly has just picked me up and carried me through this week.  He's given me extra spirts of strength and energy that ONLY could come from Him and from ALL the prayers that have been lifted on my behalf from so many different people and places!
Okay...the clinic was calling my name again this morning (haha!).  I told Dr. Nathalie and Nurse Lee I'd pop in one last time so they could say "goodbye" to the girls (and I'd have my better camera with me!).    They were greeted with their favorite lollipop and  goodbye hugs and kisses...so sweet!
While the girls and I went back home to continue packing, David had to tie up some loose ends at the office, close out a bank account, run errands for me (isn't he so awesome!), and all kinds of other stuff!  These are some of his co-workers on the administrative part of the operation.
It wouldn't be a normal walk home without enjoying the beautiful "flower bike ladies"!  We are going to miss this!  I love walking down the street and see the bikes all lined up with incredibly beautiful flowers!
David comes home for lunch, and we're trying to figure out HOW in the world to get our rice hats home!?!?  I cannot leave them here, ya know ;-)  Maybe we'll wear them????
Our sweet, sweet friend and helper who we are going to miss terribly!  We decided to be goofy because I think we'd have all cried (she and I both cried when I told her last month we'd be moving home).  She's become part of our family, and we truly are sad to say goodbye.  She's been my hand and feet for almost a year now.
Then, fast forward a few hours (and some TIRED bodies...no deliriously tired bodies (!) since I've been up since 2am!)...met with our landlord at 6pm (praise: we were returned our full security deposit!  We weren't quite sure how all that was going to turn out, but we're so thankful it was refunded!).  Then slipped off to a goodbye party with David's co-workers/friends.  This is my sweet Paula who kept Audrey An this afternoon for one last playdate with her precious daughter, Juno.  Her husband is management with David and even took David's flight today (and wasn't even feeling well!) due to his kind heart and us trying to get our lives in order to leave country!  Thank you!!

We were one of the few families in the group until Chrissy, Dejan and their cutie-pie baby, Marko, became a threesome.  We'll miss you guys!
Some of the pilots who weren't "on-duty" tonight.  David's has thoroughly enjoyed working with these guys....fun group, great experiences!
As you can see, Michael is SO excited to take the extra suitcase back for us next month!
Okay, so now you can see why I'm completely worn out tonight (and why am I blogging at now midnight??? Oh, yeah, because I'm a major insomniac, that's why!).  I honestly dread going to bed when I know the record shows like clock-work I wake up at 2, toss and turn for hours, then start the entire process over again...woohoo!

Okay, now for the "significant" part of the weekend.  Although it's been a crazy, nutty, busy week I've tried to keep in focus the importance of what Good Friday and Resurrection Day means to me (to all of our family).  You see, for me, it's the second and third part of a very important story that started out with part one (a birth).  Good Friday to a Ch ristian is significant because we reflect on Jesus' Death on the Cross for us (you, me...everyone!) and our sin.  Resurrection Day is celebrated for exactly what it states: Jesus was resurrected from the dead (as promised in scripture).  His birth (Christmas), death and resurrection (Easter or Resurrection Day) are the reason I've had HOPE this past year in this horrific health trial. 
So, if you go on an egg hunt this weekend or enjoy some jelly beans, just remember the significance of the different colors (I received this in an email about 7 years ago, but I'm sorry I cannot remember who sent it to me):
*Gold egg — reminds us of heaven. It is a beautiful place with golden streets where no one ever gets sick or dies. It is always daylight, and everything there is perfect. God is there with His Son, Jesus, and He wants us to be there, too. But there is one thing we have that can never go into heaven. (Revelation 21:4, 21,23)
*Black egg — reminds us that we are all have sin (doing things our way instead of God’s way) that separates us from God. Sin can never enter heaven, but we can’t get rid of our own sin. (Romans 3:23 and 6:23a)
*Red egg (or pink) — reminds us that God loves us so much He sent His son, Jesus, to show us how to live and then, even though He was perfect and without any sin, Jesus died for us, taking the punishment for our sin. (Hebrews 9:22, 1 Corinthians 15:3)
*White egg — reminds us that we can be cleansed from sin if we will believe that Jesus wiped away our sin when He died on the cross. When we trust Jesus to forgive all our sins, we are no longer separated from God. Heaven is a place where we will one day be welcomed. (John 3:16, Psalm 51:7)
*Green egg — reminds us that when we trust Jesus, we begin growing more like Him. The life He gives us will go on forever and ever. (2 Peter 3:18, Romans 6:23b)


Now, THAT'S why it's a significant weekend!  I celebrate the One who died for me in all of my ugliness, but was raised from the dead because He said He would.  He keeps His promises, and I know He loves me; therefore, I have hope, and I will live forever with Him because I have trusted in Him and in His promises!

Okay, off to get (TRY) to get some zzzzzzzzzzzzzz....next post will probably be from the USA!!!!
**oh, and don't forget to keep praying the specifics
from last post ;-) **

No comments: