Sunday, February 17, 2013

HAPPY dance!

Well, something on my blog has gone haywire, so iif you subscribe to my blog and are receiving this for the second or third time please forgive! This original post was dated February 11, 2013. Sorry! Any techie type of person out there who can help me??? All my horizontal pictures are getting chopped off all of the sudden. Leave a comment with your email :-)
-------------

I was going to write about our last week's events before I told about my appointment with the rheumatologist today...but I can't wait! My CPK has gone down to 500!!! Woohoo, happy dance, praise The Lord!! It hasn't been under 1000 since last August/September! Can we say excited? I actually didn't get my results back until closing time today. The rheumy was again so pleased with my progress (even before he took my labs) when he saw me first thing this morning (based on my symptoms, strength and improvement after the IVIG). Pretty humbling to hear him say again, "You were a very sick little lady when I first saw you in hospital, and I wasn't sure how all this (any treatment) was going to play out for you." Quite frankly, I do believe was a bit nervous/scared(as David and I were, too, to be quite honest ). Ugh. Well, all I can say is praise God from all blessings flow. HE is the Great Physician and has been using prayers, medicines, doctors, IVIG and time to heal me.

So, last week was a busy week for me (relatively...for me!). On day 3 of IVIG I noticed I was sitting in such a way that my legs were stretched out like I hadn't been able to in months! I stood up to try to bend them again...and... I could! Goodness, I was so thrilled! For several months my quads/thighs have been so super tight they've felt like rubber bands that were about to snap at any moment! Although I wrenched my back almost two weeks ago, had a constant dull headache, and the PT has had to "rethink" my therapy due to all of those issues...I had a great week. I was much more active. I could definitely tell I had more strength- endurance and power. Yay!

I even had a little bit "ummph" in me to host Audrey An's birthday party (just a couple of months late, poor baby!). Yes, I planned on a day when David was in town. Abigail loooooves to decorate and bake so she was most helpful, too. It was a very low key/ low maintenance party. AA invited three little gals over after school. They brought their favorite doll, played bingo, dress up, painted nails and had a tea party- fun for all! Another exciting thing for Audrey An was last night she found out she did get a part in the musical she tried out for at church. She has a non-speaking part... a sheep! She couldn't be more exited about her "non-speaking" part. Seriously, sooooo beyond ecstatic!! The first thing she asked was, "Mommy! Do I get to wear a sheep costume?!" Then, one hour later-KABOOM! She spikes almost 103 fever. Ok, where did that come from? She and daddy-o got themselves to the family practice that is thankfully open on Sunday. No strep, but we are awaiting flu test results. She didn't go to school today nor will she tomorrow because of fever. Bless her heart. She did perk up a bit tonite when she and Abigail opened a Valentines package from their Nana, Papa D, aunt/uncle and cousins :-)

One more blessing that came tonight- we skyped with AA's foster family. It has been several months since we "talked" with them. It's always such a surreal experience. They are really lovely people. We are and always be so grateful for them! Many smiles were exchanged and even a tear wiped away by her foster mom when AA showed her a red rose that David bought for the girls and I typed "red rose for mama". Our real time translation tool hasn't been working too well so it's a tad tedious cutting and pasting our conversations into google translate- but at least we have that! They cared (care) for Audrey An deeply and are genuinely so thrilled to see us on-line.

Grateful.

Lots to be thankful for today. As our Sunday School class has started a new study in the book of James, I guess today is good example of a day when it IS actually easier to "count it all joy..."

May it last longer than a day-

No comments: