Friday, February 15, 2013

Really???

So...Audrey An was not any better this morning in spite of her two hour yesterday afternoon reprieve. Praise God (truly!) David had off today to take her back to the doctor. The doctor recommended taking her for further testing at the Children's hospital on the complete other side of town. Loooong day and loooong story short they did X-rays of her chest and abdomen, drew blood (two different times...AND the staff was amazed because girl does NOT flinch!), wheelchaired around, and did a breathing treatment- all without her momma being there to hold her hand. Sniff sniff... for BOTH of us!! Bottom line: she has walking pneumonia and her stomach cramping is from, well, not pneumonia related. She's miserable. Oh! And she's lost two pounds this week. Like she has two pounds to lose!!! Bless her heart!

Praises for my little girl are that we've got correct diagnosis and meds (we think!). Praise that David was in town to see about her today. Please pray complete protection against ANY more infection for our family. Given that I have dermatomyositis, I'm needing specific prayer for this. It can be very dangerous for DM patients to get any kind of upper respiratory infection due to already weakened muscles and breathing difficulties at times. I have had a flare up on my hands (the typical redness that comes and goes with me) and an itch (not normal) late this afternoon. God has protected me this week with three sick family members in the house, and I am asking boldly that The Lord will continue to keep me in the palm of His hand! The other request for Audrey An is that she will continue to trust God even when she doesn't think He is answering her prayers. We had a great discussion last night about this (these are probably my most favorite mommy moments!). She just cried crocodile tears while telling me she missed school and friends this week and wanted to be well. I asked her if she thought God heard her prayers and she looked up at me with a quivering lip and those dark chocolate brown eyes and shook her head very sheepishly "no". Isn't that how we all feel sometimes? I told her that God had answered her prayer about returning to school (especially on Valentine's Day), but it was not the answer she wanted. I told her that her body wasn't ready to go back to school and if He had said "yes" she could get her sweet friends sick. Sometimes God says "no" to protect others. Sometimes He says "no" because its just not quite His timing. Oh, how I love to teach me, myself and I my own lessons sometimes through my own kids .

Abigail update: she caught the last two days of school this week and is feeling better. She still does have a cough though. I had to include the two pics of Abby tonight with her new sponge rollers- flashback to my childhood!

To clarify! Audrey An did go to the ER, but she was released. She is safe and sound at home now!













No comments: