Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Watch out world!

Guess who's behind the wheel again??? Yep, that would be ME- woohoo!!! I passed David's driving test last week, and he cut me loose. It was weird but great to be driving again. This has been the second long stretch of not driving- 1.5 years while living in Vietnam and four months here with this flare up. Pretty freeing feeling to not have to depend ALL the time on someone for every single ride!

Sorry I can't put captions under each photo when I post from my phone. Mom had the privilege of directing her ladies ensemble in the national
anthem at the Big 12 championship game-cool! Lady Baylor Bears won!

The girls and I attended Secret Keeper Girl pajama party tour live last nite. They were asked to be models for modesty, and they said yes! They did a great job and had lots of fun! It was a great event for moms and daughters teaching modesty in dressing and true beauty from the inside that comes from a relationship with The Lord.

My next IVIG is next week, March 4-6. I'm so thankful the treatments seem to be working. I'm getting stronger, PT is getting so much easier, and I'm having minimal side effects. Well, to be honest... I'm struggling with my oh-so-thinning crown (my hair!)- uggh. My doctor says hair loss can happen when one is very sick, and the more I read about IVIG it is a side effect, too. So, it make sense that my hair thinning (sounds better than hair loss to me!) has gotten worse these past two months since I started IVIG. I know it's a small price to pay if my overall health is improving, but it still is difficult to look in the mirror and see a different person in the mirror than just two years ago due to this horrible disease and medicines pumped into my body. It's a challenge- not gonna lie. I guess I'm having to work a little extra at modeling for my girls that our beauty does come from the inside and walk with The Lord.

No comments: