Sunday, June 26, 2011

Cheers to a family get away....finally!

Last week I was strong enough to go on a trip- woo hoo!  David had a few days if a row so we went a trip to celebrate two BIG birthdays, our wedding anniversary, kindergarten graduation and my improved health!!!  I was so thrilled to get out of our four walls and have a BEAUTIFUL change of scenery...one of my most favorite destinations- the BEACH!!!  Even though I had to use masses amounts of sunscreen, stay under the shade, wear a sun visor, and and even a long sleeved shirt at times, it truly was one of the best vacations we've been on a s a family of four!
SUCH fun...Audrey An's first jet skiing ride, and she loved it! 
Home schooling's not too bad when you get to graduate from kindergarten on the beach : )


Congratulations, 4th grade and kindergarten graduates!!!  Girls, I couldn't be more thrilled with your hard work this semester.  It's not been easy on you at all with mommy so sick, but you did fantastic with your school. You both persevered, and we managed to get the work done.   Abigail has officially earned her Ph. D. in Education, too!  Although we made a big deal of AA's graduation, we HAVE to keep her going on some school stuff throughout the summer or she'll just lose everything she's learned since she's had so much catching up to do.  Abigail and I are in a sneaky partnership though.  "Super Summer Sister Camp" (summer school for AA!) has officially started, and Audrey An doesn't have a clue... (yet!).  Abigail is great!  She's made her own lesson plans with such creative activities for her little mei mei.  My BIG goal for Audrey An this summer is to really get her confident in reading.   Oh....and yes, that's the one thing I always told David when Abigail was in kindergarten at a "typical" school...."Man, I sure am glad someone else is teaching her to read.  That would really be a hard thing to do!"  Is that sooooo typical Christa or what!?!?!  Guess what I'm getting to do this year : )  NEVER say NEVER!!!  Will I ever learn that??


Graduation is just not graduation unless you throw your cap, ya know?!
 These locals appeared to be charging at us...probably had never seen a a kindergarten graduation on the beach before!



The 4th grade graduate got her first tennis lessons from her daddy-o!  She loved it.  She had to shed the flip flops pretty quick, but they had FUN!

My view of this country for the past 6 months...the back of the motor bike!
 My sweet Abigail is going to be as tall as her momma pretty soon, I think!
I could soooo wake up to this each morning!  Oh, wait...I did...for a few days!
Our last full day on the island it POURED....but we still had FUN!!! We sat on the beach (and actually got a little cool!).   We went around and had to say at least 5 positive things or what we were thankful for about each other. We decided to give it a cool name and voted on "S cubed" or ( "Sea Salt Spray"...double meanings if you're smart enough to figure it out!)... Pretty cute to see your girls beam when they hear their family building each other up, huh : ) It was pretty cute they couldn't stop at 5 for each other!
 What I did ALLLLLLL week....read (under the shade!).   See a portion of my book list in my previous post!
BUDDY'S ice cream...our favorite treat place each nite!
 This was at dusk prior us to eating at the night market...winds picking up.  Cool shot, David!
Now this is what Audrey An spotted outside as we were about to land back home...beautiful!

No comments: