Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Secret Keeper Girl Date #1

Riding off into the the sunset....Abigail & I are off to our Secret Keeper Girl Date #1 while David took Audrey An on a daddy/daughter date with him.  So glad I have my own chauffeur (aka David)!   We had to modify the date a bit (and have to modify a lot in our lives in our new surroundings!) since our mode of transportation is a motor bike : )
Date #1: I chose a new tea room for us to try out.  I called ahead and told them of our special date, and they came out and explained all the different teas and that they get their tea leaves from the northern part of the country....very fascinating to hear how they make the teas!
incredible view of the lake...
We ordered two different kinds of tea and an apple cake....yummo!
The purpose of this date was to explain that she is God's masterpiece..."You are incredibly valued in God's eyes.  That's why He takes so much time to work with you, just as a potter with his clay.  Your value doesn't change...ever...but the world will often judge your value based on how you present yourself....we're either a throwaway Styrofoam cup, old ceramic mugs, or PRICELESS china teacups in the way we dress, talk, or act, or in the places we're willing to go." (Dannah Gresh).   Isaiah 64:8 says, "We are the clay, You are the Potter; we are the work of Your hand."
If you remember from a couple of posts ago, I invited Abigail to join me for a special date and this is when I gave her the new book, 8 Great Dates for Moms & Daughters by Dannah Gresh.  It was SUCH a special date with my sweet "tween"!  I told David last night that it was neat to see how our relationship has developed while I've been ill....love her so much!  The time is now- not 2 months ago, not one month ago.  Now was the perfect time for us to start this book together based on how the past few months have developed.  I'm obviously knee deep into a new season of parenting, and I'm loving it.  I think this book is a great resource for moms and dads who are trying to instill what True Beauty and modesty is.  Click here a link to her website.

No comments: