Friday, September 30, 2011

In need of some fruit : )

Well, some form of this post has been in my drafts for over a month now. So I've made a few changes since then.  Not sure why I never posted it.  So, here are the family medical updates for those who are asking.  
Abigail:  She's  feeling much better for probably about 4-6 weeks now... YAY! She's gained back her energy, and I'm not having to peel her off the sofa and/or bed anymore.  She's much more perkier these days...PTL!

My mom:  Since her back surgery 5 months ago, she's continued to have lots of pain.  Her pain is in other areas though...hip and leg.  She's had numerous scans, xrays and MRI.  I feel so bad for her and completely understand her frustration. Her latest findings were a tear in a muscle (that are just now starting to show up on MRIs), a hip deformity that she's probably had since birth and hasn't known of it, and the need to continue physical therapy.  If the PT doesn't do the trick another surgery could be the only option for her (well, we know that a miracle could happen though!).  Thank you for those who have inquired about mom!

Me as of September 1: Hmmmm...well, I went back to the doctor today and as far as my blood work goes  it's all in the normal range (didn't have CPK tested today because of insurance issues....grrrrrr).  I've had more tingling in my arms and feet again the past couple of weeks for some reason...not sure why.  I have to be honest, I'm still struggling with just being weary, but I've called in some extra "yarping troops", and I know HE cares.  I know there's light at the end of the tunnel, but it seems I have some heavy duty shades on right now.   I'm VERY thankful for David who has pitched in with more home school- especially teaching history, our new art teacher we hired, and our new friend who's doing some music with the girls.  More on the bright side...I've been riding my bicycle (very short distances!) and walking down stairs has gotten easier.  I do feel I'm gaining some muscle strength but just not a lot.  I'm most grateful for what I can get!  
Me as of September 27: I went back to see Dr. Nathalie today since it's been about a month and need my blood levels tested again.  Still having insurance issues so we didn't even check my CPK and I haven't physio on my ankle for a month.  I am curious what the inflammation marker will show since my red rash has come back with a vengeance and is now on my shoulders, too.  My hands and feet continue to tingle, my hair continues to thin (and yes, I had my first hair cut EVER without begging her to thin out my hair!  I'm not needing any help in that area!), and am having that weird hurting/itching in my ears and jaw again....uggh.  I'm a tad discouraged with this little setback, but I know trust that I will be healed one day.  "His thoughts are not thoughts, neither are his ways ..."  

Tonight is Friday nite and are all my blood tests came back normal but one (the inflammation marker) is still pending. I'm most interested in that one (ESR) since the redness on my chest and shoulders have been so predominant the past few weeks.  I look forward to the next course of treatment and praying for wisdom for my doctors.  The redness dissipated quite a bit yesterday and today, and I directly contribute that to answered prayer!  I asked my family and some friends to please pray specifically about that : )

At the beginning of September I finally got my nerve up to ask Dr. Nathalie how long she thought it would be before I was somewhat "normal" again (wasn't sure I really wanted to know!).   She said that, of course, everyone responds to an illness and medication in different ways, but it would probably be a year.  (Now you know why I wasn't sure I really wanted to ask!)  So...I'm about 1/2 way  there, but praying for a miracle.  Also, praying for Joy, Strength and Patience- I'm a little low on the "fruits" right now if you know what I mean.  I'm so grateful to be living in our  new house/new location...it has lifted my spirits just being able to be more mobile!  My leg muscles HAVE to be getting stronger with my own built-in 4 story stair master!!  I was very blessed to have two sweet girlfriends over this week who encouraged my heart (THANK YOU, Jill and Rachel!) and one of them called the steps the stair master, and I thought that was so cute and so appropriate!

"But the fruit of the spirit is love, JOY, peace, PATIENCE, kindness. goodness, gentleness and self-control..."

"Being made conformable is rarely comfortable."  Beth Moore, Living Beyond Yourself:  Exploring the Fruit of the Spirit"


No comments: