Thursday, January 6, 2011

Fruit Basket Turnover

The past two days we have completely flipped all of our rooms and closets!  This is our last attempt to overcome the loud techno music at night or I think we're going to have to move.  So instead of sending the girls to sleep with me each night so daddy can go sleep in their room (a little bit more protected from the music) and anticipate his 4 am wake up call, we've been SO generous (or maybe really selfish!) to give the girls the master bedroom.  THEY can hear the loud techno music at night.  Isn't that just extremely nice of us!!!  We've also switched our living area up into the loft (that's where I wanted it the first place).  We've had a little bit of a cool snap and the loft has a heater and wood floors whereas the original "living area" is granite floors, no heat and 20 feet closer to the techno music.

So here are the "after" pics...I'm dying without my gallery of photos on the walls and some pretty painted walls!  Even though the walls are not painted nor decorated to my liking, I have to admit that it's pretty nice to not be in a constant renovation like back at home!  I've already told David he could ask if he could paint some walls.  He looked at me with that, "Ummmm, you go right ahead m'am.  I'm enjoying my time off from doing "honey do's".  HA!!  It's also nice to pick up the phone to a landlord to come fix what is needed instead of us having to fix it.  We're very grateful to have such a nice roof over our heads and begin to think of this as home.  It's also hard to look at next door (literally) of those who have sheets as walls...wow.
The girls "new" room and new bed.  Funny that I just ASSUMED when they said they were ordering me another single bed for the girls that it would match...oh well.  Don't those windows just look so inviting for techno music???
The new Polly Pocket Dream Home fully designed with legos.  The pink purse is the elevator and the white tables are from the many pizza boxes that were delivered the past few weeks.  You know...the little thingies that are placed in the center of the pizza so the box top won't ruin the toppings????  Now, I think THAT is brilliant!  They see everything as a possible toy or something to use as a craft....I love it!  You have to improvise when you moved here with minimal toys!!!!
The girls old room and our new room.  Yep, I'm not hiding any square footage either.  The end of the night stand is the wall.  Behind the curtain is a huge air shaft...the girls like to play peek-a-boo to the next window which adjoins to the master bathroom.  It's a rather cozy little room with my animal print sheets from back home.
 Kinda feels like home...dark hardwood floors and even red and tan chairs and sofa! (I could do without the "apartments for rent sign" hanging outside the window, but that will be another call to the landlord for another day.)
No need for closet space for your shoes...everyone has a shoe rack in their home.  You take off your shoes and leave 'em at the front door!
Another view from our loft living room...it looks down into our kitchen with the washer and dryer (AND new rice cooker and microwave.  Those are new since we moved in....sweet!).
Beautiful view of the lake from dining table.  The chairs by the window is now the girl's school room (our former living room).
 Now, I'm trying to get used having the girl's closets and David's closet in the same room and my closet in another room.  The girls and I share the master bath and David's bathroom is the 2nd bath.  There ya have it...FRUIT BASKET TURNOVER!  You do watcha gotta do!!!! 

BTW...NO techno music the past two days either.  Woo Hoo!!!!!

The girls and I just returned from a playgroup.  Pretty cool that I just hung out with other expat women from Vietnam, USA, France, Japan, Egypt, and Algeria!

No comments: