Sunday, January 30, 2011

A Little Treat

On Friday, our new friends offered to cook us an authentic meal of their country.   I welcomed the invitation!  After all, what kind of wife/mom would I be to turn down someone who has offered to cook lunch for my family!?!  That means they have bypassed peanut butter on a french baguette or some kind of rice concoction from my new friend, Mrs. Rice Cooker!

"Mrs. Christa, please try this!"  It was like a chip that you dipped into our favorite sweet chili sauce.  yummo....kinda tasted like popcorn.

She thinks I'm so goofy...love her!

I wish I could pronounce all the food that was prepared, but I do know the bowl of white stuff was rice noodles which I had to stop AA from eating so much or her tummy was going to explode!  I think to offer for them to drink a coke was a treat for them!

It was such a nice gesture from our new friends.  We all sat and ate together.  It's kinda interesting learing how to spark dinner conversation with two women who know no english and one teenager who tries very hard, but still has difficulty understanding what we're saying.  It was neat to know that we could sit and "converse" through lots of smiles and giggles.  They knew for sure how much (I hope!) we appreciated their kindness and efforts to make us feel special with their fabulous meal just by body language and some hugs.  I started washing the dishes and they were about to have a heart attack.  I just smiled and told her, "You cook. I clean!"  They are such hard workers, and I know they were probably blown away that this foreigner was willing to clean up the kitchen.    Good times...

No comments: