Saturday, August 20, 2011

Guest blogger today!


Let me introduce to you my first guest blogger, Miss Abigail!  She's my oldest daughter and my favorite 9 (almost 10!) year old!  Abigail has a very creative side and has really begun to shine with her artwork and photography since we've lived abroad this year.  I asked her several months ago if she would write a blog entry for me, and today she said, "yes!"  I wanted to showcase some of her favorite photos she has taken since living here.  So...enjoy!  She does a great job narrating, too!

Hi, it's Abby!  This is one of my favorite pictures I have taken.
This is a pic by our apartment and everytime we drive by we laugh because this house has a wire so close to the water..... sometimes IN the water!!!
This lady is selling some vegetables downtown.  WOW, that's a lot of green veggies!

Grapes and oranges...yummy yummy!  Yes, oranges here are green!
How would you like YOUR legs to be cut off like this?
Scarves!
a typical store for tourists...
I wonder which one is for cable?!  Maybe it's the 50th one to the right!
Riding on a boat with Miss Rachel...weeeeeee!
Beautiful!  This was when we were getting off the airplane.  My sister saw it first!

Since I've lived overseas the past several months I think it's been a cool experience.  I like riding motorbikes and all the ladies who sell pineapple wearing rice hats.  I like traveling and meeting new friends from around the world.  It's different here because you go to the market on the motorbike instead of a car, and it's really easy to get there.  I like sitting at the open air cafes next to the lake in my little plastic chairs and tables.  I enjoy that all my family rides on the motorbike together with our panchos in the heavy rain.  It's neat to see the fisherman fishing with string wrapped around a can (their fishing pole) to get their fish...I would never eat the fish because the lake is nasty!

I don't like all the traffic jams and getting my feet bumped on the motorbike.  I  don't like all the potholes in the road either.  When we lived at the hotel for a couple of weeks it got tiring eating noodles for breakfast every morning (I begged for cereal)!   I don't like that I've been sick and that my mom has been sick.  I hope we get better!  I miss my friends so much, but I love skyping them!  


Today, we went downtown to find me some new glasses.  So we went to glasses street. The streets downtown are named after what they sell (toy street, electronics street, etc.).   The stores are street vendors! I found two pairs of glasses I liked, but we're going to keep looking.  We all like going downtown and seeing cool things like the pics I've posted.


Hope I get to blog again...
Later! Abs

No comments: