Friday, August 19, 2011

"Head Ornaments"

For some reason we found ourselves wearing many types of hats-n-things this week!
Apparently, washing the dishes is much more appealing when wearing a rice hat!  
and cleaning the floor with her "Jr. Master Chef " apron and hat!
and trying on hats in the Old Quarter...
with momma...
and singing opera while typing spelling words...
Hey, whatever works!

We took a break from the hats to make our favorite chocolate chip cookies on the face of the earth...MS. KRISTINA'S CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES!!!!!!  They are divine, and we've been craving
them for months!  
Probably didn't come at a great time since Dr. Nathalie reminded me to stay away from sugar and salt with the steroids!  I had to do it for the girls, right?  right.  I only ate one...before lunch. And one...after lunch.
THEN!!! What do you think happened this afternoon?  Care Package from Nana, Papa D, Aunt Debs, Aunt Janice & Nini...woo hoo!!!!  LOVE those smiles!
Thanks for all the goodies..new clothes, CRAYONS and markers (that we can't seem to find in this country!), princess crown per AA's request and much more!  THANK YOU!!!!
Audrey An IS all-things-girly!
Beautiful Abigail
So, other than trying out all kinds of "head ornaments" on this week we did start school,  twist an ankle, got a new motorbike, went to the doctor, made more crafts, shed some tears, laughed a lot, went to the water park (David and the girls), had physical therapy on my ankle, went for a ride on the motor bike (in the rain and wearing our super cool, fashion forward rain panchos...wow, we're quite a site!), enjoyed Abby/mommy movie/slumber party (shhh, don't tell AA!), rode my bicycle (yes, you read that right!), "fired" a taxi driver...just another day in the life!

Yes, I did see Dr. Nathalie this week and she ran "my numbers" again.  CPK is 340 this week- down from 430 from 3 weeks ago.  Some of those tears shed that were mentioned above were mine, and Dr. Nathalie got to witness some of them.  I couldn't help.  I'm just weary.  Weary of being sick.  Or is it weary of not being well?  I've really been trying to see things "half full" but several times this week things were half empty to me. I guess things just came to a head when I counted how many months I've been ill, my hair is "thinning" due to the methotrexate, and other side affects that are a tad difficult in which to deal.  THEN, what do I come across?? Several "Do not grow weary" passages.  I just had to grin.  I needed that.  Really needed that.

Is. 40:28, 29, 31 " He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom.  He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak...those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength (ALL of my strength).  They will sore on wings like eagles, they will run (wow!) and not grow weary, they will walk (or twist her ankle anymore!) and not be faint."

No comments: