Sunday, August 28, 2011

A few sites from the week...

a stroll through our neighborhood...
I learned a new word today..."dinked".  Do you know what that means?  HINT: someone riding on the back of a bicycle without a "real seat".
Typical house being built and, yes, those are wood logs sticks supporting the frame.

navigating our way on date night...
We made it, and had a wonderful evening out on the town.
After dinner, we just rode around...love all the sites!

Anyone for a cyclo?  I can't believe WE actually haven't gone on one yet!
There's always pinwheels and balloons being sold on the lake.  They're really pretty spinning in the wind!
The next day we went back downtown with friends.  We never tire of seeing this beautiful catholic church, but we never went in it until...
now.
Umm, the plastic chairs kinda ruin the beauty, BUT...so typical.


mural outside the back of the church...
I can't count how many times we've motorbiked past this church, but I've never noticed this.  Anyone up for some window shopping???  I got SO tickled when I saw this!!  There's just something very wrong with this picture in my opinion : )

 Audrey An learning how to crack peanuts with our landlord.   Check out how intently AA is watching her!

No comments: