Saturday, August 25, 2012

Thank goodness for walk-ins!

This week I've had some kind of allergic reaction to something and my rash has worsened tremendously, and a lovely itch has decided to accompany it!  I decided I probably couldn't make it through the weekend very comfortable so I tried to get in with Dr. M.  Unfortunately, she was booked solid yesterday.  Although I didn't want to see her partner (because she knows nothing of my case) I decided to go on in...surely she could help me in some way. It's a bit hard to get a new doctor "up to speed" with my condition in five minutes.  I tried my best, and so did she.  David has demolished our guest bathroom this last week, and we're pretty sure that's what I'm reacting to negatively.  Well, mentally I am  reacting very positively to getting rid of our 1970's yellow tile, tub and toilet!  Physically...not so much!  The mold and mildew must be causing this reaction.  So...much to my dismay I was given an additional steroid (orally and in an IV) to calm things down.  By the time I finished up all my IVs my itch had calmed and I was a taaaaad on the sleepy side since they injected a small dose of benadryl, too.  The itch started back up early evening and I was up all night since I went ahead an started on the first dose of this additional steroid around 5pm last night (probably should have waited to start it this morning, but....I was desperate for relief!).  I think my rash is worse today...uggh!

So...calling on all my prayer warriors.
Please pray:
*That my symptoms will lessen this weekend and sleep will be restored.
*David can finish up this remodel quickly.
*Find someone to deep clean our entire house, power wash our exterior and driveway so we can rid ourselves of as much mold and mildew as possible .  The doctor told me not to even go into this bathroom much less clean it (well, fooey...lol!).  Breathing is always nice, but breathing this contaminated stuff is so not good right now.
*Also, for Abigail...she's trying so hard in volleyball and her request is that her serve improve.  She has a game Monday and Tuesday next week, and I'm praying specifically she'll get serves over in both games to encourage her little heart!
*Audrey An- her short term memory will improve and we can give her the skills to improve reading and memorizing.

I know it will clear, but it has been a discouraging week physically.  With this reaction and having to add in another steroid plus trying so hard to eat the right things so as to not complicate the issue of yeast in my body (then being told pretty much everything is bad for you...remember the salad conversation??).  This too shall pass!

Praises:
*The last few weeks my sleep had improved!
*Abigail attended her first student rally/revival at our church this week...praise God is moving in our youth!
*Audrey An loves school despite some apparent academic issues David and I see.  Praise that she's not discouraged at this point!
*Exchanged several email this past week with AA's foster sister and got to see updated photos of her foster  brothers!
*Carpools!!!

No comments: