Sunday, March 25, 2012

Praises and Peeps!

I HAVE to start today by saying that I am so very thankful that my best friend just took her husband home from the hospital!  Yes, this is Troy who was diagnosed with kidney cancer just a few short weeks ago, had the mass removed on TUESDAY, and is now home!  WOW...just wow!  Is that amazing or what!?!  Troy, what an inspiration you have been to me this week- your ALL STAR attitude and faith in our God has been awesome.  Thank you!

Second, I have to say that yesterday I had one of the best days I've had in a very long time.  Our friends, Paula and Jerome, offered to keep the girls so David and I could have a date.  Well, we chose a mid-morning date to go downtown (our most fave places here!) to have lunch, order some new Rx glasses for each of us, and pick up some things we've wanted before we head home.  Praise HIM that He gave me some strength, pretty weather, and the ability to enjoy our time together without completely collapsing when I got home (like I thought I would!).  We got so much accomplished, and it was just plain 'ol terrific to feel 1/2 way human and enjoy the day with my main squeeze!  We also sold both of our motorbikes and cleared out the first round of household goods to some new friends.  SO....things are hopping around here in order to be ready for our departure.  I just know that HE gave the extra little zap of energy on Saturday, and I am SO grateful for it.  I'm going to have to take it easy the next couple of days just to assure I don't bust a propeller like I'm known to do at times!  One of our zillion prayers as of late is for all of us to just enjoy these last few weeks here.  Enjoy our surroundings.  Enjoy our friends.  Enjoy the culture.  David enjoy his ground school training.  David enjoy his flying. Enjoy our experiences- finish strong!  Soak it all in!  We just don't want it to be "let's get packed up, mommy's sick, going  to the clinic again, etc."  We so desire to leave hear with our heads held high, for the girls to have fond memories, and hope for our next season in life we're about to embark upon.

Other praises include some very sweet friends back home who are working on a "to do list" to make our transition/arrival a wee bit more manageable given the situation I'm in...(I complied because they DID ask for it!)....oh, I'm SOSOSO very grateful.-truly! These peeps are more "angels with skin" for us right now!  God is in the details, and we are really beginning to see things fall into place.  Yes, there are LOTS more to fall into place in the next few weeks and months, but nonetheless, they're starting to fall.
Our first stop of the day was to "check in" on our collage painting we were having made...
You'll have to check back later for the finished product.  It will be delivered tomorrow!
We never get enough of riding around the Old Quarter...love these sites!

Enjoying one of our favorite meals at one of our favorites spots.  Kinda sad to know it's probably the last time we'll eat at Gecko's.
Ride like the wind, baby!  Did NOT know I had married a biker boy ;-)  Better yet, he didn't know he had married a biker babe!
Our friends, Jerome & Paula, who kept the girls let us borrow their Russian motorcycle and side car...SO FUN!!  And...SO SO LOUD!!!  Did I say SO FUN!?!
We returned to glasses street today to pick up our new specs.  Yes, literally "Glasses Street".
Then we got some ice cream.  This precious little girl just struck up a conversation with David while waiting for their cones.  So this is what a 10 year old Asian looks like.  When I told her Abigail was 10, she just  giggled and said, "OH, SO TALL!!"  Cute little stair steps though ;-)
Our Asian Princess had to try on her new clothes we bought her....she pranced, twirled and everything else girly she could think of in her pretty in pink Ao Dai (the national dress)!
Here's a little sampling of my ride in the side care yesterday in our neighborhood.  Note:  we couldn't figure out what had happened to the traffic!  Then we realized what time it was and most people were taking the early afternooon/lunch nap!  The traffic (or lack there of!) is not normal!

Okay, signing off- MUST take some benadryl and TURN OFF my list making in my brainiac that never ends (even when I'm NOT in the middle of getting ready to move!!!!)!  The brain will not turn off.  Must. Get. Sleep!!!

2 comments:

Macey said...

Christa,

I am a friend/neighbor of your sister, Debra. Even though I have never commented, I have been reading your blog for quite a while. I wanted you to know that someone (other than family :) ) is reading and is encouraged by your obedience in following God even in such difficult times. Your husband and daughters are incredible, as are you! Please know that people that you don't know care are praying for you and care about you and your family. I pray that your trip home goes smoothly and that you find a wonderful doctor in the USA...quickly!

Sincerely,
Macey Conradt
Coppell, Texas

Christa said...

Macey,

WOW...thank you so much for your encouragement and prayers! It means SOOOO very much!!