Saturday, March 3, 2012

Third Time a Charm???

David and I met with Dr.  Nathalie again on Wednesday.  I heard back from Bangkok doctor this week, and we decided to forego returning there for treatment at this time.  Before I even had my CPK and other blood tests completed I asked the good doctor for another round of IVsteroid- uggh.  We told her we are just in a place I need to get stabilized again.So on Friday I finished day three of the IV steroid treatment.  This is now the THIRD TIME for iv steroids.   My ear is even hurting me again and I'm on a steroid drop for that as well.  Blood tests came back with a whoppin' CPK at 8320.  Geeeeeez louise...that's the highest it's ever been!  I even asked her to do the test again, and said she asked the lab and they did it twice before she reported it to me.  This is COMPLETELY baffling to us.  How could it triple in three weeks (was 2400 on Feb. 11)?   Needless to say, we had to pick our jaws of the floor with those results- we were NOT expecting that!!!  Praise is that my kidney function is normal, potassium level is normal, but my liver function is slightly elevated. Praise God that I'm not in the pain I was in this time last year when CPK was at 8000.  I'm just super duper weak.  I'm at a place again where David has to help me get dressed and pull me out of the bathtub- quite humbling.  I can barely lift my dinner plate from the table to the sink.  Praise God that I have help or my family would be living in a pig sty and super skinny due to momma not being to prepare meals for them!

SOOOOOO...here is one of my specific requests:
*That this IV steroid will hold me and His Grace will be sufficient for me and our family in order to get me stabilized again.

I return on Thursday for follow up and check my numbers again.
  
"Now to Him who is able to do far more abundantly that all that we ask or think, according to the power at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, forever and forever."  Eph. 3:20

No comments: