Friday, March 30, 2012

"Laters", New Hires and a Special Phone Call!

Last nite we had our first farewell party hosted by two families whose girls are friends with Abigail and Audrey An.  It was SUCH a blessing...so thankful for the friendships and experiences we've had here this past 1.5 year.  The mutual consent was that we were all saying until "later" and not goodbye because we all will see each other again ;-)
Silly girls: Alythea, Abigail and Brittany!
Gavee and Audrey An!
yummo!
The girls and I with one of our very first friends out here- Mai!
New friends, Danielle an Ryan, with Ann!

Families represented from USA, Philippines, Canada, Holland, Korea, China, Thailand, Taiwan, and Vietnam...SO VERY, VERY COOL!

What a blessing to be prayed over for physical healing and blessings as we say "later" to our friends and re-enter life back in the States.  What a transition it will be!



That brings us to tonight...the dinner and "wings ceremony" of the 5 new pilots trained the past few weeks. 
I'm so proud of my man!  Although he has only worked in his Director of Training position for a short time he has done an excellent job.  He's interviewed, revamped training material, took all of them to get their medicals, organized sightseeing, overviewed the country and culture, and has even eaten DOG with them!  He's done way more than that, but those are the first few things that come to mind.  If I might brag on my man a bit...David is a natural teacher and was beaming from ear to ear each day when he came home from training class.  He has loved seeing to it that these five guys and their families got here safely while having a direct impact in their lives and careers.   It was thrilling for me to hear from these pilots about David, "Man, that was the best ground school I've ever gone through!"  WOW... Great job, Captain Dave!  VEEEEERRRRRY blessed to have you as my husband and very blessed to have a husband who loves his job!  I'm truly sorry our time (and your new position) has been cut short due to my health, but I know HE has even bigger plans you that just don't even know about at this time!
 doing some of his training...
Daddy and his girls!
Last, but CERTAINLY not least...today we celebrate a very important phone call we received  three years ago today saying, "The CCAA (Chinese Center for Adoption Affairs) has matched you with a 4 1/2 year little girl!" 
See this grin!?!?  I think she kind of thought the "Wing Ceremony" was for her Happy Adoption Referral Day- hee hee!!!  Who wouldn't though when her daddy bragged on her and told the new hire group why it was an important day for OUR family!  We Love you, Audrey An!!!!


For me...there's been lots of activity this week trying to finish up packing, saying "later" to people, and not getting much sleep because I can't turn my to do lists off in my brain. My energy level is low due to lack of sleep and muscle strength is just not improving.  I can barely open my mouth due to gosh awful cracks in my lips (and nothing I put on them will clear it up!)---got to be from the dermatomyositis.  My hands have those horrible "holes" in my knuckles again- so bizarro looking.  I'm curious what my CPK will be when I see Dr. Nathalie on Tuesday.   I can't believe I'm saying this , but at this point I actually hope I get another dosing of IV steroid.  I still have to make until April 19 for my appointment with my new doctor in the States.  I'm praying that these next "8 sleeps" will prove more restful for me so I'll be ready for our long journey home.  It was good to hear David say tonight, "I think we're finishing strong."--really good to hear those words come from his mouth.  PTL!   "I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength!"

No comments: