Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Possible Detour

Let's see...the following was a recent post on my facebook page: scheduled 4 dental appointments (completed 2 of them!), 3 hair appointments, 2 pediatric appointments, 1 eye appointment, drove carpool, dealt with insurance/doctors/pharmacies, went to the county health depart for travel immunizations (only to discover they are closed after lunch...nice), scanned passports for visas, helped with homework, packed boxes, packed, oh...about 6 suitcases, did crafts and a photo op with Abigail...other than that it's been a pretty uneventful past 24 hours : )

This morning we learn of another possible detour.  We received an email today around 5am (yes, darling hubby and I were up for the day...couldn't sleep anymore!) that the company may be switching cities on us.  WOW...doesn't surprise me but still in a bit of shock.  I wish I could say my very first reaction was, "Oh, yeah...how wonderful!" but it wasn't.  Let's see... the two places are about 1200 miles apart, two different climates, prepping kids for 3 weeks for one thing just flew out the window, and...I need to repack!  So...after I settled down a bit, prayed for a better attitude and openness to what He has in store for us, I'm much better now.  We're still awaiting confirmation on the official "detour" and hubby started training today.  Should be a fun day : )

Is. 26:3.  MUST keep this in my heart and mind right now!

No comments: