Saturday, March 15, 2014

Less than 24 hours...but who's counting!

Tonight is our last full day/night as a family of four. I cannot EVEN begin to express the emotions I've been experiencing- especially the last 24 hours. Yesterday, we walked on the Great Wall as I posted earlier. I can't tell you how miraculous that is for me personally. I know I serve a big God because 16 months ago I could barely walk. Yesterday, I climbed hundreds of steps (and that ain't an easy "stair stepper" either!)!! I've experienced joy, relief, satisfaction, and peace to stress, frustration and overwhelmsion (I like my new word. Well, the word- not the feeling!). I'm writing this as we await our flight to Xi'an (although not posting bc I don't have free wifi- argh). A flight three of us took almost five years ago. Now, a flight with the person David, Abigail and I were eagerly anticipating meeting. Audrey An is returning to her birth city- at least somewhere very close. We will never now exactly where and when she was born, but we do know a few facts. Humbling. 

If any of you've wondered about Audrey An's name... the "An" is from "Xi'an".  All the children who are from the same orphanage are given the same sur name. So, yes, our son's Chinese surname is "An". His new name isn't quite as distinctive as AA's, but at least he's got the "an" in Chan (and of course, his new middle name is after his new baba- just as significant in our eyes. A new start. A new life. A new legacy- one I'm proud to say that my husband has risen to the occasion and will be able to pass the baton to even stronger. We cannot wait to the day Chan has even one more name change- son of the One and True God. We are praying and waiting in expectation for that day. 

If you were to ask our girls one of their prayer requests it would be this: they are nervous about him liking his previous family better- both foster families. We've told them that's a real emotion and one that would be very normal. We've also told them "Yep! He probably will! We are strangers to him. He's going to have yet another time of adjustment with us." Prayers coveted for that. 

One of my personal prayers has been that Chan instantly know and feel his new mama's heart and love for him. I know it will take him awhile to understand this and understand all the changes that are happening in his life. All I can do- absolutely all I can do- is pray God's mercy on his little soul. This is something I've been praying for five years now. In less than 24 hours I'll have my son. No words. 

I've quoted this many times before, but I continue to pray Ephesians 3:20 especially for tomorrow. "Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us, to Him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus to all generations, forever and ever."

On another note... Please pray rest and deep sleep for all of us tonight. That's one of my main reasons for my "overwhelmsion". When your body clock is messed up it's a tad difficult to think straight. I remember my sweet friend Lisa would pray Psalm 3:24 for me during jetlag with AA (remember that, Lisa?).  "If you lie down, you will not be afraid; when you lie down, your sleep will be sweet."

Next post...GOTCHA!






Ok, so now we've arrived in out two youngest's home city!  The second pic is our view from our room- incredible location. It's right in the center of everything. If you followed AA's journey, that's the Bell Tower (Drum Tower is to the left- not pictured).

No comments: