Saturday, March 22, 2014

S-T-R-E-S-S (isn't that an Aretha Franklin song?)

Honestly, I think today was one of the most stressful days of the entire trip for me, personally- medical exam and paperwork day. It started off with a fabulous breakfast buffet at our fancy smancy hotel, but it was super crowded with everyone trying to meet their medical appointment deadline along with the just the "regular" hotel guests. Obviously, we are over a week into out trip and we are tired, but I just teared up at breakfast and getting onto our bus with the seven other Lifeline families. The need to bring these orphans home is so great, it just overwhelmed me. To look around at all the beautiful children with new families and knowing they're lives ate changed forever- not because something we did, but because all the families in our travel group are Believers in the One and Only True God and had a calling to be sitting in there this morning. It was hard for me fathom the enormity of the orphan crises as we were herded over to another part of the city t get our children's medical exam for part of the requirements for their visa. I sat behind Chan who was sitting with Abigail, and he just stared out the window. What was he thinking? I really had only met two couples in our group at this point so I was trying to hold back my tears. I kept nudging David to ask our guide... "Can you explain to him what is about to happen (he had no idea he was about to get blood drawn, poked and prodded). Ugh. Again, such a brave boy! He nodded and smiled at the guide after her explanation (which included a bit of "be braver than all these girls"). He DID GREAT. No tears. Brave. Strong.

We won't find out the TB results until Tuesday. Continue to pray for not only Chan but all these sweet children who need negative results and home!

I can't take credit for the nice diagram of the china adoption process, but it gives you some (slight) idea what is involved. Don't let it scare you- worth every piece if paper, tear, email, fed-ex and waiting.

If you happen to NOT read Chinese (heehee), the note stating "I want to be adopted." Was signed by my brave son. His signature. Wow. Notice the date. Just "happens" to be his daddy's birthday (just different year!)- actually just noticed that.

Another prayer request: 5 open seats for our return flight (and I'm just going to be super bold and ask that we all would get to sit up front! How neat for Chan!). As most know, David's with the airline and that was our "ride" over here. Loads are looking kinda dicey for the day/route we'd like.

Off to nite nite world...

No comments: