Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Sleepless in Seattle



Sorry for the blur, but you get the idea...we left for China this morning!  A bit surreal to know we just had our last night in our home as a family of four!  We made our first leg of our trek, and now we are having a verrrrrry long layover...but it's all good! We will be boarding again in a few hours.  Praying to sit up front this next leg...justsayin'... Just BELIEVIN'!!

I sent this picture to Chan this morning (his night), and the bridge family said he smiled...yay!  They emailed yesterday and let us know he is processing (or at least trying!) what's about to happen because he asked, "How many more days?"  We are SO grateful to this family.  They have taken him as their own, loved on him, and are preparing him for yet another HUGE change in his life! (Oh! And she said he's "a good 'ol southern boy...ate fried chicken, mashed potatoes and gravy, and ate a TON!"- lol!)

(In case you're wondering or haven't had an elementary age kiddoe in the last decade...that's "Flat Stanley" in the picture.  He'll be traveling with us!  We've told Audrey An's class that he's going, so hopefully they'll enjoy some of his adventures these next couple weeks! (I'll be good if I can remember to include him in some of the pics...hope he's not offended if he's not included in the first family photo!)

So...what does one do on a such a long flight?  Well, after a couple of times of viewing "Frozen"... (yes, I did say COUPLE!! aaaand a few doses of serenading our row with "Let It Go", they've managed to get some school work finished.  One (ahem...) a tad more motivated than the other.  For those of you who know my girls well, I bet you know which one. Hint: for those of you who don't know them well...a certain little girl who happens to be going on somewhat of a homeland tour these next couple of weeks just happens to get a tad upset with herself that she's not completed ALL of her homework for the next two weeks TODAY. Oh my!  Thankful for the work ethic, but...

I do have to end on a very positive note.  My family was so blessed on Sunday with so many of our friends who prayed over us during our Service. It's fantastic for our girls to see the church in action.  They know these ladies (plus many others!) are prayer warriors for me, for them, for David, for Chan- so swesome!

My best friend sent me the following today: Psalm 18:30 “As for God, his way is perfect.  All the Lord’s promises prove true.  He is a shield for all who look to him for protection.”  Knowing that your future is absolutely assured can free you to live abundantly today.  I have prepared this day for you with the most tender concern and attention to detail.  Instead of approaching the day as a blank page that you need to fill up, try living it in a responsive mode: being on the lookout for all that I am doing.  This sounds easy, but it requires a deep level of trust, based on the knowledge that My way is perfect.  (Sarah Young, Jesus Calling)

Next post...CHINA!!!!

p.s. I'm hoping this post even updates because I'm using different electronics, different photo editing....ugh.  Not a great time to be on a new learning curve with technology!

No comments: