Thursday, December 27, 2012

A Baby, An Explosion, Two Birds and an Energizer Bunny!



Christmas Day I was given a "pass" to go home for the day.  It was so wonderful to surprise the girls and be home with David, Abigail, Audrey An and my parents!  The girls (and I!) couldn't have been more excited!  It was a wonderful day, but it was absolutely exhausting for me, too.  Oh well, it was worth it!  In typical family fashion...SOMETHING had to happen to make it an exciting day.  I think every Christmas (or Thanksgiving for that matter!) someone in my family is usually sick- whether it's flu, cold, surgery recovery, allergies...or this year- PT/OT rehab!  We are such a healthy bunch...lol!  This year the excitement began about 15 minutes after all 6 of us were settled in at the dining table (adorned by my beautiful china they had pulled out to make it special!) enjoying the awesome dinner mom had prepared and then...KABOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!  We all sat stunned for a couple of seconds and jerked our heads toward the sound.  That explosion was the SHATERRING of a pyrex dish my favorite strawberry pretzel salad was hangin out in on top of the stove top (what we thought was a cooled off stove top). WOW...so thankful Abigail hadn't gotten up and had reached for the second roll so she didn't get hurt!
David and Dad on strawberry pretzel clean up...shards of glass, and strawberries went everywhere!
Pre or post explosion???  Actually, I think this was brunch...before the explosion!
We took our time opening gifts, eating, celebrating, re-enacting the nativity story, and "shooshing" birds that flew into the house (never a dull moment!)....very lovely day!
So thrilled about her new Barbie and cool ride!

Surprise family photo from this summer when my sis and family were at Destin the same week!

SOOO excited about this gift to David!  It's an exact hand carved duplicate model of the plane he flew in Vietnam.  One of our good pilots friends who;s still flying over there brought it back for me when he was in the States for some additional training (happen that we had to pick it up from him on the way to hospital admission but David didn't know what was in the box!).

Abigail's new polka dots and AA's Ramen Noodles given to her by big sis...awwwww!

My tween gets her OWN flat iron from Aunt Debs. YAY...no more borrowing from me! Isn't she beautiful!?  Growing up...wow!

My sweets!

Abigail gets a snowglobe each year...
and we started Audrey An a Cross collection!

Papa D and new hot chocolate mugs!

Mom gave me a very special gift...can you see our teary eyes??  She made a cd of her senior piano recital from college plus another cd of some sermons of my grandfather Dad-Dad (her dad) preached...what a treasure!

artsy shot taken by Abigiail ;-)
excitement building....

SURPRISE!!!!  BEST expressions of the day...LOVE IT!


All the girls (me included!) were given a beautiful bell from my Nini's bell collection- so special!  I even used mine to "ding" from the other room when I needed help out of the bed.  Perfect timing!

Our annual re=enactment of THE reason for the season!  Audrey An narrated the complete nativity as Mary holding baby Jesus, Abigail tripled as the shepherd, angel and a wise man, while Papa D was the star with his flashlight and Nana as stage manager/director!
NOW...off to celebrate our little energizcer buny's birthday yesterday!  We've got a 8 year old now!
Can you tell what was on her wish list this year???

Now...a bit of a medical update.  I'm must going to share what I basically emailed my family last night.--------
First of all, I am very thankful for my family!   Couldn't be doing ANY of this without all of your prayers and support !!!  Mom, dad, David and I have talked tonight about my care (or lack of rehab) I'm getting at this place. We went with the best information given to us at the time. As you know, things now are not what they seem and probing a bit more, our assessment seems to be now accurate.

Please pray specifically The Lord will continue to go before us, Our decisions of my care (this also includes my long term care--- what do we do if/when I have another flare months down the road or years down the etc).  Please pray that God will show us very specifically who to hire to supplement the home health care providers after rehab. Things need to start falling into place bc David has a job and mom and dad cannot stay here indefinitely!!  They have a life in Texas they need to get back to as well, Nini to care for, as well as their poor health. Please pray that the calls David and mom make tomorrow (now today...right  now, in fact!) will produce timely, efficient answers and character and integrity I which we handle staff/administration here.  Real answers- placement, insurance, peace and understanding.

Goes without saying...healing :-)
"For The Lord gives wisdom". Prov 2:6

love,
Christa

p.s.  Now I'm trying to post some picture to previous posts since I've been hospital!  Give me a few minutes and click the "back key" ;-)

No comments: