Saturday, March 19, 2011

Appointment set!

I waited over 24 hours without hearing any news of an appointment being made so I decided to contact them again.  I'm so glad I did because they were calling the wrong phone number!  I asked if I could get in with the doctor I requested on Monday (pretty pretty please!).  They emailed back and said, "yes!".  Can I just tell you that HE is in the details.  I obviously have no idea about any of the docs there.  One was recommended to me the day I go to the doctor here (no coincidence!) from someone I met once and "happened" to be on her email list about a situation in her life where she spoke of a rheumatologist at this very hospital!  PTL!!!  THAT just gives me goosebumps!!!

So now we're just waiting to hear of the flight arrangements.  Yes, the clinic makes all the arrangements...can you believe that!?!?!  I'm so blown away how all this works over here!  We're not sure if we're leaving on Sunday or Monday morning.  I'll let you when I know something though.

The other great thing that happened today was that my wonderful doctor back "home home" who did my surgery last year emailed (I emailed him a BOOK of what was happening with me and asked for his insight).  He's so very gracious, caring, and returned an email to me on his SATURDAY morning....thank you, Dr. H!!!  So, I feel that I'm on the verge of getting some answers-yeah!

We actually had some SUNSHINE here today so we all ventured downtown on the motorbike.  We had a blast, and it was just what I needed!  One of our favorite things to do when we're out and about is eat lunch or have a snack out on one of the many quaint little balconies at the cafes.  On our way home we started yelling, "banana!" at the locals and just got so tickled!!!  I thought, "hmmm....wouldn't it be so funny if someone yelled it back at us thinking we were saying "hello" in another language!?!  I know...we've got a weird sense of humor, but it hysterical!!!
Our view at dinner...beautiful sun starting to set!

No comments: