Sunday, March 13, 2011

Progressive Dinner Date

Friday night my hunky monkey and I had our first "real" date since we've moved.  A sweet couple we met offered for the girls to come over and play with their girls.  They had a great time playing in an actual yard with play equipment and in a little girl's room with actual toys!  So...David and I enjoyed some alone time and explored yet another part of the city, and guess what we found???  A mall.  A real, live, actual, mall...like with real stores- not street vendors!  I have to admit, it was refreshing to be somewhere clean, modern, and not have to watch where I step!  Of course, we didn't purchase anything due to nothing being in western sizes.  After we window shopped awhile, we decided to hunt down food and this is what we decided to try...a progressive dinner.  Why?  Because we can!  We started out with our favorite french fries.  They are pretty close to Mickey D's!  So here's our "progression"... (shame on me...didn't get a pic of the fries)
Appetizer-Ever had pickles served before a pizza...and a slab of butter?  (well, actually, we discovered it was a garlic spread later)  Oh, and anytime we're served a drink it's with fancy smancy twisted straw!
Main course was pretty yummo...I wonder how many pizzas we've consumed in this country!?!?!?!
the good 'ol stand-by on the table...all the pilots keep a bottle (or two!) in their flight cases.  I say, "YUCK".
Dessert!  Oh, and notice our camera case in what we call the "diaper bag"?  You often have to "check" you backpack or purse at the door.  We're NOT checking our nice camera; therefore, it is vacuumed packed at the door : )
Never had a "BARBARIAN" donut before!!!!  It was pretty good though.
Some of our other dinner food options...
even more choices...
now you see why we've overdosed on pizza : )
Audrey An's "happy aisle"...how many choices of noodles can one have?
Kinda funny to me...one of the many "complimentary" items you might find attached to your food choices.  Why buy just a juice box when one can get a ball with it!
'splorin around town...
Cool shot, Dave!

Our tradition...must have self portrait when we're together!  I love you, David.  Thank you for making my life fun and interesting.  There's never a dull moment with you, and I love that!  Too bad we're getting old, but I'm thankful we're getting old together!!!!   Thanks for being patient with me lately (well, actually for about 12 years!), encouraging me, praying for me, and loving me even when I'm a bit of a, ummmmm, challenge!  I love you with all my heart.

No comments: