Thursday, March 24, 2011

Results with some answers

Today, I met with Dr. #1 again.  He spent over an hour with David and me going over all my labs and trying to explain what's happening.  First, I'm so thankful my sonograms and x-rays came back normal and no sign of a parasite.  Second, there are some results that have come back extremely elevated, and they don't know the root cause at this point.  To explain in the most simple terms he feels at this point I've had some type of viral attack on my body.  The result is that I have some auto-immune symptoms and muscle deterioration. He feels in time my condition will improve...it may take some time though. 

When I stop and really think about it, although I'm still in pain, I have seen improvement in my pain level.  It's hard to believe that 10 days ago that I truly couldn't dress myself, turn over in bed, wash my hair, or pull open the oven door because the pain was so intense.  It still hurts to lift my dinner plate, pick up a pillow, pull the covers over me in bed, but I can open the wrapper on snickers bar (just barely!) : )  Yes, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't somewhat frustrated.  It's a tad scary to hear a doctor say your muscles are deteriorating AND we are not quite sure why.  I typically fall into that 1%-2% of patients that don't have the typical symptoms that make up a clear cut case!  

I'm thankful that so many people are praying for healing and wisdom for doctors.  I'm thankful that I've seen improvement.  I'm thankful that I'm in a place receiving very good medical care.  I'm thankful that my family has been so patient, loving and understanding. I'm thankful that the doctors are consulting with each other.  I had a chocolate dipped ice cream cone from Dairy Queen today!  I'm thankful that David's co-workers have stepped in this week to cover his trips.  I'm thankful that I can do some home school in a hotel and hospital in Bangkok, Thailand (who would of thunk it!)!!!  God is so very good to take care of my family!

Tomorrow I see Dr. #3 (I guess technically that would be Dr. #6 if I count the docs I consulted with prior to flying here!)...yippee!  I will see Dr. #1 and Dr. #2 again next week for them to retest one of the levels.  Have I thoroughly confused you???  I think I could drive myself to the hospital blind-folded!  I better not because he told me to rest, rest, rest- not drive, drive, drive (or bike, bike, bike!).

On another medical note...  Pray for my mom as well.  She is not well and is facing possible back surgery which of course is not a pleasant thought for her.  It my be the key for relief for her though!  Mom, you'll know the right decision! ("For the Lord gives wisdom")


***Oh wow...my blog entry just got interrupted by a TREMOR (as in earthquake!).  This verse below has whole new meaning now to me!  I've never encountered such a thing.  I was sitting here typing away, and I felt dizzy all of the sudden.  I looked up and things were moving and yelled for David.  I thought I was having a weird side effect from my new medicine (don't laugh!!).  He got up and saw the chandelier swaying.  We grabbed up the girls from bed and went down stairs (we're on the 10th floor so we could really feel it!).  Now they're officially freaked out so pray they for sweet sleep for them.

What's interesting is that I had already posted this verse, but not the entire thing. 


"God is our refuge and strength,
   an ever-present help in trouble.

 Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way
   and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea,
 though its waters roar and foam
   and the mountains quake with their surging."

No comments: