Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Looooooooooong day at the hospital

After 2 doctors, 19 vials of blood, 4 xrays of chest and back, 4 sonograms of abdomen, swabs of my throat and nose (ouch!),  insurance issues (isn't there always!?), lost taxi driver, some communication barriers with nurses (and apparently the taxi driver, too!) we've just made is back to the hotel .  It's almost 6pm, and we left at 10 this morning.  PTL for incredibly patient girls, portable dvd players and new books from their Nana, Papa D, Aunt Debs, Uncle Mark, Steven & Jonathan!!!!!

Again, David and I are so impressed with this hospital and staff.  I was seen by a doctor who specializes in infectious diseases and tropical diseases.  I went through another physical exam (very painful).
He rattled off numerous diseases, parasites, etc. that could manifest with muscle weakness, and inquired more in depth about the stomach bug we all had about 7 weeks ago and our vacation we took last month.  I haven't had fever at all (at least to the touch I've thought) during all this, but he told me to take my temp twice a day.  I've got bit of a raw throat today.  He told me the reason my ears itch is from the rash I've had on my chest (and he said upper back) and it's going up into my ears...weird.

So...still not a lot of answers today yet due to having to wait on test results.  I'll return to this doctor (Dr. #2) on Thursday and Dr. #1 in a week.  I'm in a lot of pain, and the pure exhaustion of flying here and seeing Dr. #1 and long appointments today has me MORE than fatigued.  David is being Super Hubby and Super Daddy!  He's at the pool with the girls right now and will play nurse maid to me (again) when he returns.

Off to nappy land for me!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: