Monday, March 21, 2011

First things first...

I know my family wants to know the medical update, BUT we had to share our food adventures today first!
Daddy and daughter share a bowl of pho for breakfast at "Lucky's" at the airport...not the girls most fave breakfast, but that's ALL there was to offer at 6am.  Abigail and I didn't think it smelled too "Lucky" in there.  We couldn't get out of there fast enough!   
We landed around lunch time.  HAAAAAPPPPPY faces....Eat FREEEESH!  THEIR first fast food in 3 1/2 months.  David then went next door to Dunkin Donuts for dessert.  That's just plain cruel to have such comfort food of me when I can't eat until after my  appointment!!!!
 I had my appointment then....more happiness...Mickey D's at the hospital for dinner.  I could have eaten 10 burgers and fries.  I was soooooo hungry, and I had gone without food for no reason.  More on that later...
YUMMO...they tasted just like home!  MY first fast food in 3 1/2 months!
Doesn't this look just wonderful???? NOT.  I opted for an ice cream AND a pineapple pie!!!

I must say I've been WAY more impressed with healthcare on this side of the world than back home.  This hospital is incredible.  It's a beautiful, modern facility with a Starbucks and McDonalds, patients from ALL over the world, and very professional, friendly and helpful staff.  WO...was it a melting pot or what!  I didn't wait...at all.  I walked up to the desk and was received by a courteous "Welcome, Madam" (with a bow) and headed in for vitals.  I went straight into the rheumatologist's office.  Long story short he felt I had some type of viral infection, and wasn't leaning toward anything rheumatical since his exam of me seemed to be more painful than weakness.  Since my appointment was so late in the day I'll be returning tomorrow for more blood work, and to see by an infectious disease doctor who he's referring me to. 

So....I'm not staying in the hospital tonight.  I'm back at the hotel- which is like a penthouse suite!  Why can't you get this kind of thing in the states for the same price!?!?!  Seriously, it's bigger than our apartment.  I may post pics later...too tired tonight!  Praying for more answers tomorrow...

No comments: