Monday, March 7, 2011

They are their mother's daughters...

Okay, some things just crack me up.  As a parent you're always a role model- sometimes good, sometimes bad.  When I heard both of my girls at different times last week say, "Can you please move over a tad.  You're in my personal space!" I was gently reminded of how they soak in everything I say and do. Yes, I admit...I'm not an extremely touchy-feely kinda gal.  Although I do love my snuggle time with my man and my two girlies, give me too much time with kids hanging on me or too much "togetherness" I will begin to shout the personal space phrase!  Well, at least they're learning to communicate their needs, right?!?!  Yes, it's one of my many hang ups in life, and even two of friends back home give me big bear hugs JUST to grate on my nerves!  You know who you are (wink wink!!).

I promise I've really  been trying to work on this!!!  When you home school (aka- you're with your children 24/7) and one of those daughters tends to need extra reminders of security and love it tends to force me to work on one of "those" things that bug me.  I mean, "come on, gimme a break" is what I think sometimes when I think of the looooooooooooong list of "need to improve on" list of mine...uggh!

"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.  It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.  Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.  It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.   Love never fails..." 

Well, you guessed it... I cannot end on anything that one might perceive as a negative note (ahem...one of those "other" things on my long list). I'm a work in progress.  My girls are a work in a progress.  My husband is definitely a work in progress (hee hee!!!! I love you, hubby!!).  And guess, what?  We are ALL a work in progress.   So, cheers!  Here's to personal space....

No comments: