Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Checked in...finally!

Here's a modified email I sent my family last night...

Well, it's 8:30pm and I'm JUST NOW have gotten to a room.  I'm toast...like with butter, jam...and really burned : ) : ) : )  No, seriously...I can't believe the exhausting day it has been , but HE has been so faithful!!!! Praises from today (well, technically, that would be yesterday for me now!):  taxi found our apartment and we arrived on time to the airport, wheelchairs were available at both airports (one was even waiting for me with my name in Bangkok!), I did GREAT on the flight...ears popped quite a bit but no intense pain!  I had a window seat so I could lean my head on the entire flight.  I know the rest of the family was probably secretly grateful I was in a wheelchair because "their patient" successfully bumped them to the front of all airport and immigrations line....thank you, very much!  Abigail and Audrey An were thrilled that their airplane seats were pink, purple and gold and the cabin crews wore pink and purple....how girlie is that!?!?!  I think Thai International may get some more of our business due to the color scheme!

"Dr. S" (the rheumatologist and main doctor in charge) is going to take me off all my meds (except my hormones...yeah, buddy.  better watch out on that!) for 1...maybe 2 days to get a base line of what's happening before he begins any other meds including IV steroids.  He's not 100% it's dermatamyositis, but's said it is the most closely related thing though right now, but the cases presented to him have had my symptoms but not typically the level of PAIN...weakness and fatigue, yes, but not so much pain.  David and I really like Dr. S....he's  a thinker.  Maybe everyone putting a piece of the puzzle together and brainstorming together will trigger something spectacular!  We continue to trust the Lord and HIS wisdom through all the doctors involved in my case for the answers.  Maybe that's how HE may choose to answer...

He took blood levels again, chest xray, and and 1 1/2 hr. pulmonary function test (8 tests!!!). I'll have a MRI of my quads, possible muscle biopsy and EMG (depending on MRI findings).  I'll see a ENT, opthamologist, dermatologist, and "Dr. Infectious Disease"...and who knows who else!!

I'm wiped out, but my SUITE is sweet!!!!!  It's like a 5 star hotel.  Hoping to get some great rest tonight.  OF course,  there was some insurance glitches (like before) but I think we got it all worked out.  Rachel and the girls were amazing!  What I thought would be (don't know why!) a fairly short appointment, check my in my room, etc. turned into being a 6 hour ordeal and I didn't quite remember to pack a "goody bag" for the little munchkins...uggh.  Rachel took GREAT care of them though....she's the best!!!  You are just going to come live with us from now on, right???  Yeah, I think that's what I heard you say.  No, I'm certain : )

Love to all...nite nite (hopefully!!!!)
me
synced in...waiting to board
Yes, I usually match the girls when we fly...it's just easier to "spot" them!  Where's your matching dress, Aunt Rachel (maybe with the mask???  LOL!)

one of Rachel's adoring fans!  Abigail is going to have Rachel withdrawls when she leaves us : (
In-flight meal
I'm beat...after leaving our apartment at 7:30, flying, wheelchairing, testing, checking in...  Awesome and modern room with beautiful view at night out the window and David trying to beam up my signal so I can stay connected to the outside world : )



it even has a little kitchen!  Anybody want just hop on over, and we'll have dinner together right here!?

Well, my feet got cut off, but trying to show you even the beds here are for short people!  Oh, I had to laugh when then were doing my weight and height.  The nurse told me my height in centimeters (which I cannot convert in my head so she did for me), and I said, "Oh, I've grown an inch!"  I think they just couldn't reach the top of my head to measure accurately.  It was kinda funny and we all had a good laugh!  

Okay, so now that's 5:45 in the morning for me, maybe I should try to get some more zzzzzzzzzzzzzz.  Must. Have. Stronger. Sleep. Aid. while I'm here!!!!

I praise HIM for he completely sustained me (all of us!) through a very long day.  I honestly felt HE had my little weakened head and neck in the palm of His hand thoughout the day because normally I can't hold my head up for too long at all.  Thanks for praying and I know God's power and people praying are sustaining me.

2 comments:

Deb said...

Praying without ceasing!! Love you! Sooooo wish I could be there to help!

Gregg said...

Sooooo glad to hear your flight went okay. I love being able to read your updates. Thank you so much for using your strength to keep us all updated. Thankful that you are such a light to everyone you come in contact with. He really does have you in the palm of his hand. Praying earnestly for you!