Thursday, April 21, 2011

Wait and Speak

It's been a few days since an update and people are starting to ask:
1.  How are you feeling?
2.  Any plans to come back to the states?

So...let me answer for those asking. 1.   I'm still in a lot of pain and continue to have tremendous weakness.  Not to be a "downer", but to me I really don't see any remarkable improvements to date.  Yes, improvement in my CPK number, but no to improvements in the way I'm physically feeling.  Two doctors have recommended that I be hospitalized so I can obtain IV steroids.  I'm open to that-actually very open to that. The trip back to Bangkok would be quite gruelling on my body.  Since I continue to have pain and pressure in my ear and eye and now have had a headache for 3days I want to know for sure everything is "okay" in my head/ear prior to making a flight.  I'm hoping to get a MRI or CT Scan very soon in order to rule out/in anything concerning that...may all tests be taken and interpreted accurately so we can deal with whatever may come our way.

2.  No, we don't have plans for me to fly back to the states for treatment.  At this point there is no way I could make that long of a trip.  It would take 28 hours door to door with a change in planes, etc.  My body just cannot simply do that right now.  I can't even fathom that possibility.   Bangkok docs know my case so it makes the most sense to return there even though it will be somewhat of an ordeal to get there.

My day to day is so dynamic.  Yesterday morning I was able to sit up for some time, but I completely tanked in the afternoon.  I spent all afternoon in the bed in pain.  We have a sweet friend who flew in to tour around with us, and bless her heart she's not getting to see as much as we'd hoped for her to see!  Rachel has been SUCH a blessing to our family though, and we're thrilled she's here despite our circumstances.  We had some friends over last night for "taco and salsa" night.  I have to say it was the first time I threw a dinner party with me in the bed (well, actually, the Christmas party at our house before a week prior to our move runs a close second since I threw my back out of whack then!)!!!  Thank you, David, and everyone else who contributed to the meal!  It was nice to have some fellowship- it was really nice to see my hubby have some laughs and get his mind off things for a couple of hours.

More blessings this week:  Doreen came to deliver some spring rolls from Giao and we had a sweet, sweet time of fellowship.  Jill, provided a meal on Tuesday.  Can we say, "homemade tortillas"and "pumpkin bread"...yummo- ahhhh, comfort food!  Just a fun tidbit about Jill- as soon as we met we made a fast connection.  We learned that she grew up across the street from one of David's aunts and uncles and she went to school a stone's throw (literally!) from the house David grew up in....is that NOT a small world!?!?!

Before I sign off...it's funny how certain songs I've heard for years have come to mind throughout this illness- songs that have more meaning to me now based on my situation.  I pretty much keep music playing in my ear all day-especially when I'm here alone.  Yesterday,  this song came across my iphone, and I wept like a baby.  I love how Truth is "living and active"...it meets you where you are.  Also, kinda cool when I looked up the video it was on the beach!  This song has been my heart's cry the past few days..."speak".  The other song was "Breathe On Me"  (I'm not familiar with the singer or choir, but my sweet friend, Jenny, found it on line which I was unable to do...THANK YOU!!).  Interesting that when I thought about it the songs have the same theme...no coincidence.  We continue to wait on Him.  Quiet can be hard sometimes.   I rejoice in advance of the songs I will get to post that have confirmed healing- I wonder what they'll be : )

"Weeping may endure for a night, but JOY comes in the morning." Ps. 30:5
Getting a little "help" today from dad on a VERY windy day on the bike!  Yes, you guessed it....David's on the motorbike.

Abigail showing Rachel how it's done and headed to our the French bakery for lunch!  Remember my favorite chocolate tart???

update:  clinic doctor just called back and is ordering MRI...PTL!

No comments: