Sunday, April 10, 2011

DWELL on things above...

Oh, the last 24 hours have kicked my tail.  My pain has increased, and my heart has just simply been broken to be real honest with you.  As my sister emailed me last night "Jer 29:11 plan STINKS big time right now but it's bigger and we can't see it!"- SO TRUE!  Oh, I know deep, deep in my heart that to be true, but it's been especially difficult to remember that principle the past day.  I need to get back on the saddle (I guess, rather, the motorbike!) and ride!  I HAD to get out yesterday.  I was absolutely going stir crazy in our apartment!  We all four hopped on the motorbike (and I used the term "hopped" VERY loosely in my condition...more like David has to physically place my legs on the foot rests of the bike!) and David and AA drove us (don't ask) to lunch and a short ride downtown.  I feel like such a different person when I'm out in the sunshine and enjoying His creation! And i know I've mentioned this before, but I truly have a new respect for all the Harley Davidson bikers out there...there's just something about riding in the wind!!  If there was ever anyone who was made for outdoors it's ME! Our little jaunt just about did me in due to the effort it takes to hold my body upright with such weak muscles, but it did my soul some good so it was worth it!


Phil 4 says "Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near.  Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.  And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.  Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things.  Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me—put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you"

Counting my blessings:
*I have a doctor here who actually knows my blood counts in her head!
*I have access to Truth and the Great Physician!
*I can start a new day with a new attitude!
*I have a husband who didn't completely freak out on me when I asked him to shave my armpits!
*I have two daughters who have been very compassionate and helped me get dressed each day!
*I have family and a bff back home who are constantly praying for me!
*I had a good cardiologist report on Friday!
*My friend, Ann, brought me yummy banana muffins yesterday and took Abigail on a bike ride with her sweet daughter!
*I have a daughter who lost another tooth this week and the FIRST thing she said was, "Mommy, how much offering can I give?"  WOW...thank you!
*HE never changes!
2nd tooth lost on Thursday!
FIRST tooth lost in December!
Just for today...praying for a glimmer of pain relief and a step in the right direction in my healing.
I can't count how many time I've listened to this song "Be Near" in the past few days...hope you like it, too! (just click on the orange "play" button on the left when link opens up)

No comments: